Re: External 5V power supply for FDM-S2

Willi Westrupp

Hi Giovanni,
when the powered USB hub is connected to the FDM-S2: does the FDM get power only from the USB HUB?
How can I check this?
I ask that because the USB power line from the tablet in this case is not interrupted. I have to try to reduce the power consumption on the tablet. Another possibility would be to branch off the two USB power cables on the socket and hang them on a longitudinally regulated power supply. Has anyone done that and did it work?

73, Willi

Am 24.02.2018 um 10:10 schrieb Giovanni Franza:

Hi Willi,
the easiest way is to use a powered USB HUB.
Regards,

Giovanni - HB9EIK