From: Neil Smith <neil@...>
To: EladSDR@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, 19 December 2017, 16:22
Subject: Re: [EladSDR] updates/upgrades

Sorry Steve, the original question in the thread was about upgrading the
DUO, so I thought you were asking about SW2 with a DUO. I guess you are
using an S2?

SW2 v1.150 is the SW2 version you need.  1.96 is *extremely* old, and it
is best to remove all of your settings by deleting the contents of
c:\users\<yourname>\ELAD\FDM-SW2 folder, then just get the upgraded
software from the 1.150 folder on
http://sdr.eladit.com/FDM-sw2%20Software/index.php?lang=EN

Up to you whether to use the full install pack, I would be tempted to
delete the folder above, then uninstall the existing version of SW2,
then use the full install pack. Just to be totally clear, if you don't
delete that folder, thing will go horribly wrong, even if you do an
uninstall.  If you want to be super-careful, take a backup copy of the
whole of the folder and save it somewhere just in case.  You will lose
all of your customised settings, so it would be good to make notes of
anything you have set up differently from the default.

You can find the changelog for what has been improved at
http://sdr.eladit.com/FDM-sw2%20Software/1_150_Beta_FDM-SW2-complete_setup/RELEASE_web.txt

Can any other S2 users add any advice to Steve about going from 1.96 to
1.150?

Neil G4DBN