Re: Elad Audio Advaced TX settings

Paul

Just a thought, but the PR781 is a dynamic mic. I have one and use it on my K3s

I think most computer sound cards expect a drive level more akin to the FDM-DUO native input of a Icom type mic. If I read the tech specs correctly, the FDM-DUO is configured to use an Icom type mic with the bias and the higher output that mic has with it's internal preamp.

IIRC the PR781 needs about 20dB more output before it would drive the FDM-DUO properly, I would have to isolate the bias voltage well. I have purchased a small preamp board but I have not tried it as yet. I intend to use my Heil Pro 7 with the FDM-DUO. The mic output levels of the 781 and the Pro7  are very close, differing mainly in frequency response.

If you have used a dynamic mic successfully with your sound card please disregard this and write my ramblings off to too much turkey and pie :>)

Paul

WB9HCO

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need the root password

“Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.”
 Clifford Stroll

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

SIX PHASES OF A PROJECT

1) ENTHUSIASM
2) DISILLUSIONMENT
3) PANIC
4) SEARCH FOR THE GUILTY
5) PUNISHMENT FOR THE INNOCENT
6) PRAISE AND HONORS FOR THE NONPARTICIPANTS

On 11/23/2017 1:19 PM, MAR wrote:
Hello Neil,

Today is thanksgiving day here in the USA so happy thanksgiving to you and all the ElAD group.

I will try and play with the settings over the next few days to try and get the Advance TX to work without having to reset the radio so far no go for me.

Also can someone confirm what Stig believes, regarding that the mic must be connected to the radio in order to use the advance TX settings.

I am using my Heil PR781G direct to the radio.   Also does anyone know what settings to make the audio signal wider 2.9.

Thanks

Miguel A. Rivera

In His Service

<<snip>>