Re: FDM-S2 no longer works after a Windows 7 Update

Calder Latham <calder_b@...>

Well...have you looked in Device Manager? Do you find the Elad entry? Does it say the driver came from Elad Italy?

Just a suggestion...my two cents worth.

Cal...W1HHO

All the Best.
From the woods of Maine.

On 9/14/2017 13:51, John Faulkner wrote:
Yesterday, Windows 7 performed an update, which included an "FTDI Chip" update. Something I had not seen before. After this update was installed, my Elad FDM-S2 refused to function. I used System Restore to uninstall the FTDI update. The S2 still wouldn't function.

When I say it wouldn't function, it appeared to be working in that when I click the icon to run the SW2 software, the small black ".... loading ...." splash screen appears, disappears after a few seconds, then nothing! Task Manager tells me it's running, but nothing is visible.

I checked to see if I somehow accidentally ran the dual monitor option in the Control Panel, thinking that the S2 window could be just outside the viewing area, but it is set for just the one monitor. I also tried cascading the open windows, but still no luck.

I then uninstalled the S2, together with the Visual C++ software, rebooted the computer, re-installed, etc. Still the same.

I am (was) running v1.120.

Has anybody else come across this? Is there a fix? My fear is that I will have to completely reinstall Windows in order to get the S2 working again.

Thanks.

John.

---
http://www.avg.com