From: EladSDR@groups.io [mailto:EladSDR@groups.io] On Behalf Of D R via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:30 PM
To: EladSDR@groups.io
Subject: Re: [EladSDR] FDM-S2 no longer works after a Windows 7 Update

Hi John,

FTDI chips are probably in your USB controllers, either on your MBoard or an add-on card, and it looks like Windows Update has trawled up an updated driver which may be incompatible with the ELAD driver (if it's the update that's causing the problem).  You could try checking the dates of the USB drivers in Device Manager, as they should probably all be a few years old by now - if you see one that's quite recent it may be that version which is  causing the problem, and reinstalling an older one might cure it.

Does the radio still work with other software, like SDR-Console v3, or have you only tried SW2?

Regards,

Dave