Re: Laptop suggestion FDM-S2

Jan Barendrecht

I could run all SDR radios on my old Asus A7J (~2006) laptop, the G31DDC even with demodulator filter length set to maximum (5,000).
It's fitted with a dual processor, CPU clock didn't exceed 1.8 GHz and memory clock was just 400 MHz. Even the most modest laptop
today has better specs. I used it with external monitor, keyboard and mouse and while one of the radios was playing I also was running
circuit simulations with Microcap and / or browsing / downloading pdf. If you use the laptop only for radio, about anything goes. With
internet connectivity disabled, you can even run a slimmed-down version of Windows XP or 7, without security issues. Try to get a laptop
with SSD and as many USB ports as possible.

Jan

On 5/23/2017 4:41 PM, w5mono@... [elad_sdr_en] wrote:

I don't have a laptop, nor a tablet.  I don't want to use my desktop and want something portable that will handle whatever the Elad will throw at it. Naturally I don't want to spend 2 or 3 grand for a laptop either. If that's what it takes, then I won't buy a laptop. I read elsewhere that some laptops have issues. If there is a tablet that will handle the Elad, that's fine too.

Posted by: w5mono@...