Re: 8-pin microphone adapter for Heil Pro Headset

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Ken, I made up an adaptor for my Pro-7 using a 3.5mm mono inline socket for the mic lead of my existing Kenwood, then used a short end cut off a piece of shielded Cat6 network patch lead with an RJ45.  I added a 1/4 inch in-line socket for the PTT footswitch.  As I use an HC-5 insert, I added a 4.7uF tantalum cap and set the boost to +12dB.  That would not be required with the Heil Icom electret insert of course.

I slipped some glue-lined heatshrink sleeving over the joints and they have been in use for some time with no issues.

Neil G4DBN

On 20/11/2016 17:01, kennyg2482@... [elad_sdr_en] wrote:

Long shot here, but does anyone in the group know of an adapter that can be used for the Heil Pro Headset for the FDM-DUO ?

I have found several for the big name radios, but nothing for the DUO.

Thanks es 73

Ken - WD8CCZ

Avast logo