Re: RX differences between FDM Duo and FDM S2?

Richard Langley

Slight correction: Anthorn is in Cumbria, ENGLAND. Mind you, it is only a few km from Solway Firth and the Scottish border. ;-)

| Richard B. Langley E-mail: lang@unb.ca |
| Geodetic Research Laboratory Web: http://gge.unb.ca/ |
| Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering Phone: +1 506 453-5142 |
| University of New Brunswick Fax: +1 506 453-4943 |
| Fredericton, N.B., Canada E3B 5A3 |
| Fredericton? Where's that? See: http://www.fredericton.ca/ |

On Oct 28, 2016, at 7:44 PM, Alberto I2PHD i2phd@weaksignals.com [elad_sdr_en] <elad_sdr_en@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 10/28/2016 9:20 PM, Chris Wilson chris@chriswilson.tv [elad_sdr_en] wrote:

Thank you very much Alberto, I had no idea that a DUOr even existed
until now, I will have to look at my finances and decide if I could
perhaps run to the transceiver. Do you think it's a good choice for LF
operation?
Yes, the DUO, DUOr and the S2 are excellent performers at LF... some of the best
receptions of the SAQ transmission at 17.2 kHz I have ever made, have been made
with my DUO. Also the MSF time/frequency standard of Anthorn, Scotland at 60 kHz
is received perfectly using the DUO, and so are many NDBs.

--
73 Alberto I2PHD
Credo Ut Intelligam