Topics

UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY : INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM : LIBERTARIANISM : POLITICS: ELECTIONS AND ELECTION CAMPAIGNS : FREEDOM OF THE PRESS : FREEDOM OF SPEECH: Jorge Ramos: Donald Trump Absolutely Gave the Order to Eject Me From Press Conference

David P. Dillard

..

..

UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY :

INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM :

LIBERTARIANISM :

POLITICS: ELECTIONS AND ELECTION CAMPAIGNS :

FREEDOM OF THE PRESS :

FREEDOM OF SPEECH:

Jorge Ramos: Donald Trump Absolutely Gave the Order
to Eject Me From Press Conference

..

..

Jorge Ramos: Donald Trump Absolutely Gave the Order
to Eject Me From Press Conference

August 26, 2015, 7:29 AM ET

By KATIE KINDELAN and MICHAEL FALCONE

Katie Kindelan More from Katie
Michael Falcone More from Michael
via Good Morning America

ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jorge-ramos-donald- trump-absolutely-gave-order-eject/story?id=33325669

..

A shorter URL for the above link:

..

http://tinyurl.com/nzjq5j3

..

..

News anchor Jorge Ramos, who works for Univision and Fusion, was thrown out of a press conference with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in Iowa Tuesday night after trying to ask questions about immigration.

..

"You haven't been called...go back to Univision," Trump told Ramos before a security guard forcibly removed him. (Ramos later returned and was able to pose questions to Trump).

..

"We'd love for Mr. Trump to sit down for an in-depth interview with Jorge to talk about the specifics of his proposals," Isaac Lee, CEO of Fusion --
ABC's sister network -- and President of News for Univision, said in a statement.

..

Wednesday morning ABCs George Stephanopoulos asked Ramos on Good Morning America about the altercation and what happens next. Below is a Q&A with Ramos, edited for length:

..

STEPHANOPOULOS: Is this what you were expecting from Trump?

..

RAMOS: "What I would expect is that I can ask a question as a journalist because thats our responsibility and I would expect Mr. Trump to answer honestly about what he really wants to do because he hasnt given us specifics. I saw your show on Sunday. You pushed him on how hes going to deport 11 million undocumented immigrants and he didnt answer your question and he didnt answer mine. What I didnt expect is to be thrown out of a press conference. Never in my life, and Ive been a journalist for more than 30 years, Ive been thrown out of a press conference."

..

Do you think Trump was directing the security guard to take you out?

..

Absolutely. He was in control of the press conference. It is very clear with his body language that he was giving orders and I did wait for my turn. You know how it is in those press conferences. Two reporters before me asked a question and then I said, I have a question on immigration. He didnt say anything. I stood up. I started my question. He didnt like my question and when he didnt like my question then he motioned so the one security guard would come where I was and then threw me out of the press conference.

..

What happened backstage?

..

..