Topics

RESEARCH GUIDE ARCHIVE : ORIGINAL GUIDE : Michigan State University and United States Olympic Committees Child Sexual Abuse Scandal Involving Inmate Nassar and His Enablers PART ONE

*

*

Michigan State University and United States Olympic Committees

Child Sexual Abuse Scandal

Involving Inmate Nassar and His Enablers

*
DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS FOR
LARRY NASSAR SENTENCING HEARING
WITH VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENTS
https://tinyurl.com/y92kwu24
*

Inmate Nassar in Jail for Life for Sex Crimes Against Children

as Olympic Gymnasts Physician and Sports Medicine Doctor

for Michigan State University

First Document FROM Net-Gold

*

*

*

Inmate Nassar in Jail for Life for Sex Crimes Against Children as Olympic Gymnasts Physician and
Sports Medicine Doctor for Michigan State University

Parents of Larry Nassar abuse victims share pain, call for accountability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-h_LZ3TGg

*

How was Larry Nassar allowed to abuse athletes for so long?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcKvGd1N8tA

*

Ex-Gymnasts Tell Megyn Kelly That Coach Ignored Reports Of Larry Nassar’s Abuse |
Megyn Kelly TODAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUQ1ZpY3a9U

*

Olympian Simone Biles: Larry Nassar ‘Took A Part Of Me That I Can’t Get Back’ |
Megyn Kelly TODAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d-Z7V5kZvQ

*

Aly Raisman on Larry Nassar’s sentencing, why she spoke out | The View

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCJ11GkpiaU

*

LARRY NASSAR SENTENCING - DAY 4 - PART 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCMYQRFZQVY

*

LARRY NASSAR SENTENCING - DAY 4 - PART 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOShbSuayY

*

LARRY NASSAR SENTENCING - DAY 5 - PART 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlCcwklweE&t=341s

*

LARRY NASSAR SENTENCING - DAY 4 - PART 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfVjrZRGCWo

*

6:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag-LrzJsWYM

*

Larry Nassar Sentencing: Final Day Of Hearing After Over 140 Victims Addressed Court | TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLBLI7Lz4Xo

*

LARRY NASSAR SENTENCING - DAY 7 - PART 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWvKaObytCQ

*

Kyle Stephens the first victim to address Larry Nassar at sentencing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkuj0IaeH3s

*

CC

59:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURGn7Yz678

*

‘Larry Nassar, I hate you’: abuse victims in their own words

*

A poem from a 12-year-old victim to Larry Nassar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK6GDQnzHP8

*

Larry Nassar gets 40 to 125 more years in prison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZBw-Xdyqeg

*

Distraught father of 3 victims tries to physically attack Larry Nassar in courtroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhplg8YCu-M

*

How Larry Nassar Got Away With Decades of Sexual Abuse | NYT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnzliiDln64

*

Larry Nassar sentenced: I signed your death warrant, judge says

CNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-nYRmU_Gxo

*

RAW video: Emma Ann Miller, 15, gives powerful testimony against Larry Nassar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlqFrgUud6Y

*

10:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB9q0kIhANI

*

Watch Aly Raisman confront Larry Nassar in court

CNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWWFB6RZwgg

*

Judge Rosemarie Aquilina Slams Larry Nassar’s Letter About Sentencing | NBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ-iKrww8IM

*

Watch Aly Raisman confront Larry Nassar in court

CNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWWFB6RZwgg

Database Search Results

Google Domain Limited Web Search (NEWS)

https://tinyurl.com/yck7ozmg

https://tinyurl.com/y8nef2ur

Google Domain Limited Web Search (BLOGS)

https://tinyurl.com/ydxveqq9

Google Domain Limited Web Search (VIDEOS) AND GOOGLE VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22larry+nassar%22+AND+SITE%3AVIDEOS+

https://tinyurl.com/y7bwqquj

https://tinyurl.com/ybsy95cl

Watch judge's full remarks to Larry Nassar - NBC News

Watch judge's full remarks to Larry Nassar. Wed, Jan 24. Judge Rosemarie Aquilina delivers a statement to ...

Aly Raisman on gymnastics sex scandal: 'This is bigger than Larry ...

Jan 25, 2018
In an NBC News exclusive, Team USA gymnast Aly Raisman comments on TODAY on the sentencing of former ...

.

.

WEBBIB1718

.

.

Disgraced Former USA Gymnastics Doctor Sent to Arizona Federal Prison

By Suzannah Gonzales
,
ReutersFebruary 10, 2018

Yahoo / Reuters

https://www.yahoo.com/news/disgraced-former-usa-gymnastics-doctor-sent-arizona-federal-203914348--spt.html

(Reuters) - Former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar has been transferred to a
high security federal prison in Tucson, Arizona, after being convicted of molesting
scores of young women who went to him for treatment, authorities said on Saturday.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons said the 54-year-old Nassar was at the United States
Penitentiary, Tucson, which holds about 1,390 male inmates. The bureau's website
listed his release date as March 23, 2069.
After weeks of horrifying testimony from nearly 200 victims about his decades of abuse,
Nassar was sentenced on Monday in Michigan to 40 to 125 years in prison.
He had already received a 40-to-175-year sentence in a neighboring Michigan county,
and was sentenced to a 60-year federal term for child pornography convictions.
Prosecutors have said there are about 265 known victims in total, including Olympic gold
medalists McKayla Maroney and Aly Raisman.
The Nassar scandal has prompted multiple investigations into why the
U.S. Olympic Committee, the sport's governing body USA Gymnastics, as well as
Michigan State University, where Nassar also worked, failed to investigate complaints
about him going back years.

.

.

.

.

Inmate Nassar in Jail for Life for Sex Crimes
Against Children as Olympic Gymnasts
Physician and Sports Medicine Doctor
for Michigan State University

https://tinyurl.com/ych65fww

Additional Content Regarding Child Sexual Abuse by Inmate Larry Nassar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPVSRfYE9e4

Larry Nassar Sentencing Hearing Day 1 Part 1 Victim Impact Statements 01/16/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXlYRDMVULU

Larry Nassar Sentencing Hearing Day 1 Part 2 Victim Impact Statements 01/16/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wvr4pEv_I

Larry Nassar Sentencing Hearing Day 1 Part 3 Victim Impact Statements 01/16/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58rDvbG_RGg

Larry Nassar Sentencing Hearing 2nd County Day 2 Part 1 Victim Impact Statements 02/02/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAylpvEw8HE

Larry Nassar Sentencing Hearing Day 2 Part 2 Impact Statements 02/02/18

Larry Nassar Sentencing Hearing Day 2 Part 2 Impact Statements 02/02/18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztO5h-pX2w

Larry Nassar Sentencing Hearing Day 3 Part 2 Victim Impact Statements 01/18/18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12XjxfhtG48

LARRY NASSAR SENTENCING - DAY 3 - PART 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZIoD8gXEw8

1:07:59

⚖️ LARRY NASSAR SENTENCING - DAY 3 - PART 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L30IPHcBAWE

1:18:46

⚖️ LARRY NASSAR SENTENCING - DAY 3 - PART 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYs0rChLkpY

1:46:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAhDp-qu58

50:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqE6gaqtcVg

1:22:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhAXpl_vGEY

1:40:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzC49Pc1euI

2:06:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsn907UcX1Y

2:36:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5wVAnVBjY0

LIVE STREAM: Day 4 of victim statements at sentencing for Larry ...

Recap: Day 5 of Larry Nassar's sentencing hearing

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2018/01/22/live-court-day-5-larry-nassars-sentencing-hearing/1052762001/

WATCH: Day 6 of victims addressing former doctor Larry Nassar at sentencing in sexual abuse cases

Over 100 victims expected to speak at sentencing

https://tinyurl.com/ycf5hbj8

Nassar has plead guilty to abusing young girls for decades. His main sentencing hearing
started on Tuesday and is expected to last at least four days with nearly 100 victims speaking.

https://tinyurl.com/ycf5hbj8
Below you'll find victim statements as they are being made. This list will be updated throughout the day.

(Warning: Strong, disturbing language in videos)

DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS FROM YOUTUBE FOR "LARRY NASSAR"

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22LARRY+NASSAR%22+

DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS FROM GOOGLE IMAGES FOR "LARRY NASSAR"

https://tinyurl.com/y72eedjz

DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS FROM GOOGLE BOOKS FOR "LARRY NASSAR"

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&hl=en&q=%22LARRY+NASSAR%22

DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS FROM GOOGLE SCHOLAR FOR "LARRY NASSAR"

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C39&q=%22LARRY+NASSAR%22&btnG=

PENN STATE SUMMON SEARCH

6,274 results

https://tinyurl.com/yaaq5ys7

.

.

WEBBIB1718

.

THIRD DOCUMENT FROM NET-GOLD

Michigan State University and United States Olympic Committees under Pressure Due to Refusal to Act
in Inmate Nassar’s Widespread Child Sexual Abuse of Sports Medicine Patients for Decades

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Content Type
  • Newspaper Article (32)
  • Transcript (2)
  • Web Resource (2)
  • Journal Article (1)

("michigan state university" OR msu OR "united states olympic" OR united states olympics") AND nassar

Google Domain Limited Web Search (NEWS)

Google Domain Limited Web Search (BLOGS)

Media Coverage of Michigan State University and Olympic Committees Refusal to Protect Athletes from Child Abuse by Larry Nassar

("michigan state university" OR msu OR "united states olympic" OR united states olympics") AND nassar

Google

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Watch Aly Raisman confront Larry Nassar in court

CNN

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

USOC, USA Gymnastics, MSU begin responding to Congress over Larry Nassar case
A.J. PEREZ  |  USA TODAY SPORTS
Updated 9:20 a.m. EST Feb. 14, 2018

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Larry Nassar Updates

Larry Nassar, a former employee of Michigan State University, was convicted Nov. 22, 2017,
of seven felony counts of criminal sexual conduct In Ingham County Circuit Court. Full Background >

Interim President Engler: Letter to MSU Community, Feb. 13, 2018

On this second day of my second week as interim president, I think it is important
to address several matters many of you have raised with me...

Statement on Nassar's Eaton County sentencing, Feb. 5, 2018

Larry Nassar’s final sentencing today on state criminal sexual conduct charges
brings the criminal proceedings to a close...

Interim President Engler: Statement on accepting responsibility as interim president, Jan. 31, 2018

It is humbling to accept this interim president position in these difficult times for my
beloved alma mater MSU...

Board Chair: Letter to MSU Community, Jan. 26, 2018

Today, the Board of Trustees met to take important actions to begin a new day at MSU...

Statement on Nassar's Ingham County sentencing, Jan. 24, 2018

Larry Nassar’s sentencing today on state criminal sexual conduct charges represents
another important step toward justice...

President Simon: Letter to MSU Community, Jan. 19, 2018

With several events related to the terrible crimes committed by former MSU physician
Larry Nassar in the news, I want to describe what we are doing to address the issues
arising from this matter and, more importantly, the steps we are taking to support his
victims, create the safest campus environment possible, and do our utmost to prevent
something such as this from ever happening again...

President Simon: Statement on Letter to Attorney General, Jan. 19, 2018

The testimony of Nassar’s victims this week made many of us, including me, listen
to the survivors and the community in a different way...

Statement on victim impact statements in Ingham County

Many at MSU, including President Simon and Board of Trustee Chairperson Brian Breslin,
have been viewing the brave women who have come forward to tell their stories at
Larry Nassar’s sentencing hearing. Words cannot express the sorrow we feel for Nassar’s victims...

National organizations selected to oversee Healing Assistance Fund, Jan. 11, 2018

Michigan State University has selected the Commonwealth Mediation and Conciliation Inc.
(CMCI) and the Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MNCASA) to help facilitate access
to counseling and mental health services for the victims of former MSU physician Larry Nassar
under the MSU Healing Assistance Fund...

President Simon: Letter to the MSU Community, Dec. 15, 2017

Last week, former MSU physician Larry Nassar was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison;
he will spend the rest of his life behind bars. The sentence for possession of child pornography
is the first of what I hope will be many lengthy prison sentences...

President Simon: Remarks to Board of Trustees, Dec. 15, 2017

I am truly sorry for the abuse you suffered, the pain it caused, and the pain it continues
to cause today. I am sorry a physician who called himself a Spartan so utterly betrayed
your trust and everything this university stands for...

Message from MSU Board of Trustees on Dec. 15, 2017

We are deeply saddened by the stories of abuse that led to this moment and grateful
for the courage the victims showed in coming forward...

Statement on Nassar's federal sentencing, Dec. 7, 2017

Nassar’s behavior was deeply disturbing and repugnant, as the state and federal
criminal charges that he has been convicted of show...

Statement on Nassar’s convictions in Ingham and Eaton counties, Nov. 29, 2017

The convictions of Larry Nassar on Nov. 22 in Ingham County and Nov. 29 in Eaton County
on state criminal sexual conduct charges represent another important step toward justice
for the victims...

Response to plaintiffs’ Nov. 22 press conference

As they have done before, today the plaintiffs’ attorneys have made accusations against
the university claiming it is engaged in a ‘cover up of misconduct by university administrators.’
The university unequivocally denies this accusation...

Statements on Nassar’s federal plea deal, July 11, 2017

As the plea agreement reached July 11 on the federal charges facing former MSU doctor
Larry Nassar shows, his behavior was deeply disturbing and repugnant...

President Simon: Letter to the MSU Community on Sexual Assault, April 26, 2017

Dear MSU community member: As we approach the end of the school year, you likely are
continuing to see media stories or comments related to the issue of sexual assault at MSU,
either surrounding former MSU doctor Larry Nassar or allegations made against members
of the MSU football program...

President Simon: Remarks to Board of Trustees on Larry Nassar Investigation, April 13, 2017

As victims continue to come forward to police regarding former MSU doctor Larry Nassar,
I want to provide an update on our response to this critical situation...

Message from MSU Board of Trustees on April 13, 2017

The Michigan State University Board of Trustees is being regularly briefed on the
allegations of sexual assault concerning former MSU doctor Larry Nassar...

President Simon: Message to MSU Community on Larry Nassar Investigation, February 22, 2017

Our hearts continue to go out to those most directly affected as additional state charges
are announced against former MSU employee Larry Nassar...

MSU Police Chief James Dunlap: Remarks From Press Conference, February 22, 2017

I want to sincerely thank the Attorney General, Assistant Attorneys General Angela Povilaitis
and Robyn Liddell and MSU Police D/Sgt. Andrea Munford for their dedication and countless
hours in investigating and preparing the Larry Nassar cases for prosecution...

President Simon: Remarks to Board of Trustees on Sexual Assault, February 17, 2017

MSU is currently dealing with several unrelated issues of sexual assault or harassment
that people might associate together, because they’ve come to light at about the same time...

Message from MSU Board of Trustees on Feb. 17, 2017

The Michigan State University Board of Trustees is deeply concerned about the allegations
of sexual assault against former MSU doctor Larry Nassar connected to his work at MSU...

President Simon: Letter to the MSU Community on Larry Nassar Investigation, February 3, 2017

Dear MSU community member: You may have read media stories or comments related
to former MSU doctor Larry Nassar, the sexual assault allegations against him, and his
work at MSU and other organizations. You will undoubtedly see more. This situation is still
unfolding as allegations continue to emerge regarding Nasser’s criminal and repugnant behavior...

NEWS & INFO

*

*

*

*

*

LANSING, Mich. — Michigan State University Athletic Director Mark Hollis said Friday he is retiring,
just two days after former MSU sports physician Larry Nassar was sentenced to decades in prison
for sexually abusing girls and young women in his care.

Hollis — the second top MSU official to announce their departure this week — said in an online
statement he will “fully cooperate” with further investigations into Nassar’s time on campus.

“This was not an easy decision for my family, and you should not jump to any conclusions based on
our decision — listen to facts,” Hollis said. “I am not running away from anything, I am running toward
something. Comfort, compassion and understanding for the survivors and our community;
togetherness, time and love for my family.”

*

Nassar was jailed for up to 175 years for abusing more than 150 women and girls but his crimes
may never have come to light without an email to an Indiana newspaper

snip

“What I did in the state cases was medical, not sexual, but because of the porn I lost all credibility,”
Nassar had written, referring to his conviction for possession of child abuse images in December.
“So I’m trying to avoid a trial to save the stress to my community, my family ... yet look what’s happening.
It’s wrong. I was a good doctor, because my treatments worked and those patients that are now speaking
out were the same ones that praised and came back over and over. The media convinced them that it
was wrong and bad.

“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.”

That line drew an audible gasp in the courtroom, and when she had finished reading out loud
Aquilina tossed the letter aside in disgust.

When Nassar refused to admit he was guilty in the final minutes before he was sentenced,
stammering meekly “I’ve said my plea”, the judge handed down the maximum term – 40 to 175 years.

*

The Fallout From Larry Nassar’s Sexual Abuse Is Just Beginning
POSTED 2:24 PM, JANUARY 27, 2018, BY CNN WIRE

Students rallied and marched in support of the survivors of sex abuse. The demonstration came two
days after a judge sentenced Nassar, the former Michigan State sports and USA Gymnastics physician,
to up to 175 years in prison for sexually abusing patients under the guise of medical treatment.

Nassar may effectively be condemned to life in prison, but the heat on institutions associated with him
is nowhere near finished. On Saturday (Jan. 27), Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette said a special
prosecutor will investigate “every corner” of Michigan State to determine school officials’ culpability.

“We’re not going to heal all the way until we know exactly who knew what, when and how they’re
going to fix it,” former Michigan State gymnast Lindsey Lemke, one of 156 accusers who confronted
Nassar in court over his abuse of two decades, said after his sentencing Wednesday.

The fallout from the scandal may span years, involving investigations, civil lawsuits and an overhaul
of at least one sports governing body. Here’s what’s happening:

snip

Michigan State President Lou Anna Simon is resigning after outcries that the school’s
response wasn’t good enough.

• Michigan State Athletic Director Mark Hollis said Friday he is retiring.

• Michigan State physician Brooke Lemmen resigned last year after she allegedly removed
“several boxes of confidential treatment records” from the school at Nassar’s request, and
allegedly didn’t tell school officials that Nassar had told her in 2015 that USA Gymnastics was
investigating him, the Lansing State Journal reported.

• Kathie Klages, the gymnastics coach, retired in 2017.

NCAA investigating Michigan State

snip

*

The US Olympic Committee — itself a focus of victims’ ire — has called for an investigation
by an “independent third party to examine how an abuse of this proportion could have gone
undetected for so long.”

snip

and more resignations at USA Gymnastics

snip

*

*

*

*

*

The lesson in the Larry Nassar case: Teach kids about sexual assault

1.
Jan 29, 2018 - We heard 156 girls and women talk about the sexual abuse they suffered at the hands of former
Michigan State
 University sports medicine doctor Larry Nassar in a Lansing courtroom over the last two weeks.
We heard them describe how he molested girls as young as 6 years old — masquerading his ...

Does NCAA's jurisdiction over Michigan State cover Nassar's abuse?

1.
Feb 1, 2018 - Matt Haverstick is watching with a keen eye how the NCAA handles its investigation intoMichigan State's role
in the
Larry Nassar sexual abuse scandal. Haverstick was an attorney in a lawsuit against the NCAA that helped overturn
sanctions against the Penn State football program in the wake of a child ...

Michigan State's sexual assault problem spreads to football ...

1.
Jan 26, 2018 - The report also details several sexual abuse allegations made against members of the university's basketball
and football teams during the tenure of its most ... Earlier Friday,
Michigan Stateathletic director Mark Hollis announced he was
stepping down over the scandal involving sports doctor
Larry Nassar, ...

Survivors of Larry Nassar's sexual abuse set their sights on MSU

Previous Net-Gold Posts Regarding Larry Nassar and Child Sexual Abuse and His Enablers

Inmate Nassar in Jail for Life for Sex Crimes Against Children as Olymic Gymnasts Physician
and Sports Medicine Doctor for Michigan State University

*

Disgraced Former USA Gymnastics Doctor Sent to Arizona Federal Prison

Database Search Results

Database Search Results

You Tube

"LARRY NASSAR" AND ("MICHIGAN STATE" OR MSU OR OLYMPIC OR OLYMPICS) AND "SEXUAL ABUSE"

Google Videos

Google Domain Limited Web Search  (VIDEOS)

Google Domain Limited Web Search  (NEWS)

Google Domain Limited Web Search  (BLOGS)

Database Search Results

You Tube

"LARRY NASSAR" AND ("MICHIGAN STATE" OR MSU OR OLYMPIC OR OLYMPICS) AND "SEXUAL ABUSE"

Google Videos

Google Domain Limited Web Search  (VIDEOS)

Google Domain Limited Web Search  (NEWS)

Google Domain Limited Web Search  (BLOGS)

.

.

WEBBIB1718

.

David Dillard

NET-GOLD

Research Guides

Research Paper Writing

Internships

Sport-Med

 Child Sexual Abuse News and Developments About and Since Inmate Nassar Conviction

PART ONE

*

.

*

Larry Nassar Information   FROM Michigan State University
https://msu.edu/ourcommitment/news/nassar-information.html

Larry Nassar, a former employee of Michigan State University, was convicted Nov. 22, 2017,
of seven felony counts of criminal sexual conduct In Ingham County Circuit Court. Full Background >

New police initiative focuses on trauma-informed investigative support services, Aug. 2, 2018

MSU Interim President John Engler and Police Chief Jim Dunlap announced that Lt. Andrea Munford has recently
been assigned to develop a comprehensive program on law enforcement investigations into relationship violence
and sexual assault on a trauma-informed and victim-centered basis. Read more

Robert Young: Statement on insurance carriers, July 26, 2018

We are suing our carriers, including our largest carrier United Educators, for failing to honor their policies. Read more

Statement on Status of Healing Assistance Fund, July 26, 2018

It was brought to our attention earlier this week by the firm that manages the Healing Assistance Fund
that there are possible fraudulent claims being made. Read more

Survivors and parents join MSU Museum to preserve teal ribbons, July 25, 2018

Survivors of Larry Nassar’s sexual abuse, their parents and MSU community members have joined curators
from MSU Museum to begin the process of preserving the more than 200 teal mesh bows wrapped around
trees across MSU’s campus. Read more

Newly signed agreement means Strampel is gone from MSU, July 6, 2018

William Strampel, former dean of the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine,
retired from MSU effective June 30, 2018 under an agreement signed July 5. His retirement means the
university will not continue with the tenure revocation process, which Interim President John Engler
called for in February. Read more

Robert Young: Statement on Attorney General search warrant, June 29, 2018

We stand behind our previous position on this issue, that the Attorney General's Office is not entitled
to examine our lawyer’s communication and legal advice to the university. We have been cooperating
with the Attorney General’s investigation, and will continue to do so. Read more

Board Chair: Statement regarding Interim President John Engler, June 21, 2018

A majority of the Board of Trustees appreciates the statement issued today
by the MSU Interim President John Engler. Engler’s apology for the comments contained
in an April email that was released last week is appropriate and appreciated by a majority of the Board. Read more

Interim President Engler: Statement on apology to survivors, June 21, 2018

Last week while I was on my way to Texas, a private email conversation of mine from April was made public.
I didn’t give it the consideration it warranted. That was a big mistake. I was wrong. I apologize. Read more

Interim President Engler: Statement on settlement, May 16, 2018

A successful mediation has a been a priority for the university and for me since I arrived on campus in February.
The entire MSU community has worked hard at changes to make sure a monster like Larry Nassar
could never hide again on our campus. Read more

Board Chair: Statement on settlement, May 16, 2018

We recognize the need for change on our campus and in our community around sexual assault awareness and prevention.
A successful resolution to the litigation is a positive step in moving us all forward. Read more

MSU and Nassar survivors agree in principle to settlement, May 16, 2018

Attorneys representing 332 survivors of former Michigan State University doctor Larry Nassar
in lawsuits against MSU and attorneys for the university announced a global settlement in principle totaling $500 million.
Read more

Provost Youatt: Statement on reviews of former Dean Strampel, May 1, 2018

I find the descriptions of Strampel’s behavior that continue to come to light shocking and appalling.
For all we have accomplished around student success, we have not yet created the kind of environment
where our community feels safe and supported. Read more

Interim President Engler: Statement on conduct of former Dean Strampel, April 26, 2018

What I continue to learn about Bill Strampel disgusts me. Anytime concerns are raised about faculty and staff behavior,
we take those concerns seriously and investigate. Read more

Statement from Carol Viventi, April 18, 2018

I offer my sincerest and most heartfelt apology for the letter I sent to MSU leaders after the Board meeting. Read more

Interim President Engler: Statement on survivor discussion, April 13, 2018

I met with Kaylee and Lisa Lorincz’s on March 28. Also in the meeting were Carol Viventi and Emily Guerrant. Read more

Statement from former Supreme Court Chief Justice Bob Young, special counsel for MSU, March 28, 2018

As a result of new plaintiffs and new claims being filed in federal court, the court ordered MSU to respond to these filings
by today. Read more

Interim President Engler: Statement on mediation, March 28, 2018

I came to MSU with the intention of concluding the lawsuits as soon as possible in a fair and just manner.
The survivors should not have to endure years of litigation. Read more

Interim President Engler: Statement on arrest of former Dean Strampel, March 27, 2018

One of the first actions I took upon my appointment as interim president of Michigan State University
in early February was to pursue revocation of tenure and removal of former Dean William Strampel. Read more

Interim President Engler: Letter to MSU community, Feb. 13, 2018
On this second day of my second week as interim president, I think it is important to address several matters
many of you have raised with me. Read more

Statement on Nassar's Eaton County sentencing, Feb. 5, 2018
Larry Nassar’s final sentencing today on state criminal sexual conduct charges
brings the criminal proceedings to a close. Read more

Interim President Engler: Statement on accepting responsibility as interim president, Jan. 31, 2018
It is humbling to accept this interim president position in these difficult times for my beloved alma mater MSU. Read more

Board Chair: Letter to MSU community, Jan. 26, 2018
Today, the Board of Trustees met to take important actions to begin a new day at MSU. Read more

Statement on Nassar's Ingham County sentencing, Jan. 24, 2018
Larry Nassar’s sentencing today on state criminal sexual conduct charges
represents another important step toward justice. Read more

President Simon: Letter to MSU community, Jan. 19, 2018
With several events related to the terrible crimes committed by former MSU physician Larry Nassar in the news,
I want to describe what we are doing to address the issues arising from this matter and, more importantly, the steps
we are taking to support his victims, create the safest campus environment possible, and do our utmost to prevent
something such as this from ever happening again. Read more

President Simon: Statement on letter to Attorney General, Jan. 19, 2018
The testimony of Nassar’s victims this week made many of us, including me, listen to the survivors and the
community in a different way. Read more

Statement on victim impact statements in Ingham County, Jan. 16, 2018
Many at MSU, including President Simon and Board of Trustee Chairperson Brian Breslin, have been viewing the
brave women who have come forward to tell their stories at Larry Nassar’s sentencing hearing.
Words cannot express the sorrow we feel for Nassar’s victims. Read more

National organizations selected to oversee Healing Assistance Fund, Jan. 11, 2018
Michigan State University has selected the Commonwealth Mediation and Conciliation Inc. (CMCI)
and the Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MNCASA) to help facilitate access to counseling and
mental health services for the victims of former MSU physician Larry Nassar under the MSU Healing Assistance Fund. Read more

President Simon: Letter to the MSU community, Dec. 15, 2017

Last week, former MSU physician Larry Nassar was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison;
he will spend the rest of his life behind bars. The sentence for possession of child pornography
is the first of what I hope will be many lengthy prison sentences. Read more

President Simon: Remarks to Board of Trustees, Dec. 15, 2017
I am truly sorry for the abuse you suffered, the pain it caused, and the pain it continues to cause today.
I am sorry a physician who called himself a Spartan so utterly betrayed your trust
and everything this university stands for. Read more

Message from MSU Board of Trustees on Dec. 15, 2017

We are deeply saddened by the stories of abuse that led to this moment and grateful for the courage
the victims showed in coming forward. Read more

Statement on Nassar's federal sentencing, Dec. 7, 2017

Nassar’s behavior was deeply disturbing and repugnant, as the state and federal criminal charges
that he has been convicted of show. Read more

Statement on Nassar’s convictions in Ingham and Eaton counties, Nov. 29, 2017
The convictions of Larry Nassar on Nov. 22 in Ingham County and Nov. 29 in Eaton County on state
criminal sexual conduct charges represent another important step toward justice for the victims. Read more

Response to plaintiffs’ Nov. 22 press conference, Nov. 22, 2018

As they have done before, today the plaintiffs’ attorneys have made accusations against the university
claiming it is engaged in a ‘cover up of misconduct by university administrators.’
The university unequivocally denies this accusation. Read more

Statements on Nassar’s federal plea deal, July 11, 2017

As the plea agreement reached July 11 on the federal charges facing former MSU doctor Larry Nassar shows,
his behavior was deeply disturbing and repugnant. Read more

President Simon: Letter to the MSU community on sexual assault, April 26, 2017

Dear MSU community member: As we approach the end of the school year, you likely are continuing
to see media stories or comments related to the issue of sexual assault at MSU, either surrounding
former MSU doctor Larry Nassar or allegations made against members of the MSU football program. Read more

President Simon: Remarks to Board of Trustees on Larry Nassar investigation, April 13, 2017

As victims continue to come forward to police regarding former MSU doctor Larry Nassar, I want to provide
an update on our response to this critical situation. Read more

Message from MSU Board of Trustees on April 13, 2017

The Michigan State University Board of Trustees is being regularly briefed on the allegations
of sexual assault concerning former MSU doctor Larry Nassar. Read more

President Simon: Message to MSU community on Larry Nassar investigation, Feb. 22, 2017

Our hearts continue to go out to those most directly affected as additional state charges are announced
against former MSU employee Larry Nassar. Read more

MSU Police Chief James Dunlap: Remarks from press conference, Feb. 22, 2017

I want to sincerely thank the Attorney General, Assistant Attorneys General Angela Povilaitis and
Robyn Liddell and MSU Police D/Sgt. Andrea Munford for their dedication and countless hours in
investigating and preparing the Larry Nassar cases for prosecution. Read more

President Simon: Remarks to Board of Trustees on sexual assault, Feb. 17, 2017

MSU is currently dealing with several unrelated issues of sexual assault or harassment that people
might associate together, because they’ve come to light at about the same time. Read more

Message from MSU Board of Trustees on Feb. 17, 2017

The Michigan State University Board of Trustees is deeply concerned about the allegations
of sexual assault against former MSU doctor Larry Nassar connected to his work at MSU. Read more

President Simon: Letter to the MSU community on Larry Nassar investigation, Feb. 3, 2017

Dear MSU community member: You may have read media stories or comments related to former
MSU doctor Larry Nassar, the sexual assault allegations against him, and his work at MSU and other
organizations. You will undoubtedly see more. This situation is still unfolding as allegations continue
to emerge regarding Nasser’s criminal and repugnant behavior. Read more

*
Book Chapter with Content Related to Legitimate Pelvic Floor Disfunction
BOOK CHAPTER

Exercise and pelvic floor dysfunction in female elite athletes

Bø, K.
2014
Handbook of Sports Medicine and Science: The Female Athlete, pp.76-85
"PELVIC FLOOR DISFUNCTION" AND (TREATMENT OR TREATMENTS) FROM GOOGLE SCHOLAR
"PELVIC FLOOR DISFUNCTION" AND (TREATMENT OR TREATMENTS) FROM GOOGLE BOOKS
"PELVIC FLOOR DISFUNCTION" AND (TREATMENT OR TREATMENTS) FROM GOOGLE DOMAIN LIMITED WEB SEARCH (PUBMED)
"PELVIC FLOOR DISFUNCTION" AND (TREATMENT OR TREATMENTS) FROM GOOGLE DOMAIN LIMITED WEB SEARCH (PUBMED CENTRAL)
"PELVIC FLOOR DISFUNCTION" AND (TREATMENT OR TREATMENTS) FROM GOOGLE DOMAIN LIMITED WEB SEARCH (SCIENCEDIRECT)
"PELVIC FLOOR DISFUNCTION" AND (TREATMENT OR TREATMENTS) FROM  TRIP MEDICAL DATABASE (EVIDENCE BASED)
"PELVIC FLOOR DISFUNCTION" AND (TREATMENT OR TREATMENTS) FROM  POGOFROG

Larry Nassar

From Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Nassar

Lawrence Gerard Nassar (born August 16, 1963) is an American convicted serial child molester who was the USA Gymnastics national team doctor and an osteopathic physician at Michigan State University.
Nassar's cumulative criminal acts of sexual assault were the basis of the USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal, in which he was accused of molesting at least 250 young women and 1 young man including a number of well-known Olympic gymnasts, dating as far back as 1992.[1] He has admitted to at least ten of the accusations.
In July 2017, Nassar was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison after pleading guilty to child pornography charges. On January 24, 2018, Nassar was sentenced to 40 to 175 years in a Michigan state prison after pleading guilty to seven counts of sexual assault of minors.[2][3] On February 5, 2018, he was sentenced to an additional 40 to 125 years in prison after pleading guilty to an additional three counts of sexual assault.[4] His federal and state sentences are to run consecutively, and he is currently serving his federal time at the United States Penitentiary in Tucson, Arizona.[5][3]

<snip>

Sexual assault accusations and convictions

Further information: USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal
In 2015, USA Gymnastics cut ties with Nassar "after learning of athlete concerns."
In September 2016, The Indianapolis Star revealed that Rachael Denhollander and
another former gymnast had accused Nassar of sex abuse.[14] Michigan State fired
him on September 20; he had been reassigned from clinical and teaching duties
a month earlier.[15]
In February 2017, three former gymnasts—Jeanette Antolin, Jessica Howard and
Jamie Dantzscher
—gave an interview with 60 Minutes in which they said that Nassar
had sexually abused them. The gymnasts also alleged that the "emotionally abusive
environment" at the national team training camps run by Béla and Márta Károlyi at the
Karolyi Ranch
 near Huntsville, Texas gave Nassar an opportunity to take advantage of
the gymnasts and made them afraid to speak up about the abuse.[16] Rachael Denhollander,
one of the first women to publicly accuse Nassar,[17] said in court in May 2017 that Nassar
sexually abused her on five doctor's visits in 2000, when she was 15 years old.[18]
Olympic gold medalist McKayla Maroney, using the #MeToo hashtag on Twitter
stated that Nassar repeatedly molested her, starting when she was 13 years old and until
she retired from the sport in 2016.[19] Maroney subsequently filed a lawsuit against Nassar,
Michigan State University, the United States Olympic Committee and USA Gymnastics.[20]
The lawsuit accused USA Gymnastics of covering up the sexual abuse by paying Maroney
$1.25 million to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Maroney's attorney, John Manly, referred
to Nassar as a "pedophile doctor".[21]
During a 60 Minutes interview, Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman also said that Nassar
had sexually abused her.[22]
Raisman stated that Nassar molested her when she was 15 years old.[23] Gabby Douglas
was criticized by fellow Olympic teammate Simone Biles and others for sending a tweet that
they interpreted as criticizing Raisman and of "victim-shaming",[23] stating that "dressing in
a provocative/sexual way incites the wrong crowd."[24] Douglas later apologized for the tweet,[25]
and said she was also a victim of Nassar's abuse.[26]
Former national team member Maggie Nichols accused Nassar of abusing her. She documented
the ways he "groomed" her by connecting with her on Facebook and complimenting her appearance
on numerous occasions.[27] According to court filings and interviews, it was Nichols and her coach,
Sarah Jantzi, who reported Nassar to USA Gymnastics officials on June 17, 2015, after the coach
overheard Maggie and another gymnast talking about Nassar's behavior.[28] Simone Biles came
forward shortly after with accounts that she too had been sexually abused by Nassar,[29] and
Jordyn Wieber made a statement at Nassar's court sentencing in which she also accused Nassar
of sexually abusing her during her time at USA Gymnastics.[30][31]
In November 2016, Nassar was indicted on state charges of sexual assault of a child from 1998 to 2005;
the crimes allegedly began when the victim was six years old.[32] Ultimately, he was charged with 22
counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with minors: fifteen in Ingham County and seven in
neighboring Eaton County.
The allegations asserted that Nassar had molested seven girls under the guise that he was providing
legitimate medical treatment at his home and at a clinic on the MSU campus.[33]
Nassar was arrested by the FBI in December 2016 after agents found more than 37,000 images of
child pornography and a video of Nassar molesting underage girls.[34] On April 6, 2017,
his medical license was revoked for three years.[35]
On July 11, 2017, Nassar pleaded guilty to receiving child pornography in 2004, possession of
pornographic images of children dating from 2004 to 2016, and tampering with evidence by
destroying and concealing the images. On December 7, 2017, U.S. District Judge Janet T. Neff
sentenced Nassar to 60 years in federal prison.[5] If he survives that sentence, he will be on
supervised release for the rest of his life.[5]
On November 22, 2017, Nassar pleaded guilty in Ingham County Circuit Court to seven counts
of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with minors under the age of sixteen. He admitted
molesting seven girls, three of whom were under the age of thirteen. On November 29,
he pleaded guilty to an additional three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in
Eaton County.[36] As of January 18, 2018, 135 women had accused Nassar of sexual assault
while he worked for USA Gymnastics and Michigan State University.[37] During the following
week, the number rose to 150.[38] In a lawsuit that was filed in April 2017, a woman claimed
that Nassar had sexually assaulted her while he was still in medical school in 1992.[1]
On January 24, Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina sentenced Nassar to
40 to 175 years in prison for the sexual assault of minors.[2] Aquillina allowed Nassar's
accusers to present extended victim impact statements and dismissed objections raised to
this move by Nassar.[37] In sentencing, the judge informed Nassar that he had missed numerous
chances to receive treatment for his sexual urges; Nassar had been aware of these urges from
a young age. She added that there were likely dozens of additional victims who had not come
forward. She made it clear that she did not intend for Nassar to ever be free again.[3]
Nassar was practicing without a Texas medical license while he worked at the Karolyi Ranch
in Huntsville. According to gymnast McKayla Maroney, this is the place where Nassar molested
young women for over 15 years. The practice of medicine without a license in Texas
is a third-degree felony, although it is rarely prosecuted.[39]
On January 31, a Michigan judge stated that thus far 265 girls had accused him of sexual
misconduct.[40]
On February 5, Eaton County Circuit Judge Janice Cunningham sentenced Nassar to 40 to 125
years in prison for the three counts of criminal sexual assault to which he had pleaded
in November.[41] Nassar apologized for his years of abuse, saying that the impact his victims'
statements had on him "pales in comparison" to the suffering he inflicted on them. Cunningham
was unmoved, saying that she believed Nassar was still in "denial" about the "devastating impact"
of his crimes.[4]
The Eaton County sentence will run concurrently with the Ingham County sentence. In turn,
Nassar's state sentences will begin upon completion of his federal child pornography sentence;
Neff had ordered that any sentences imposed at state level run consecutively with the federal sentence.[5][3][41]
As a result, Nassar will serve a minimum of 100 years in prison; each individual sentence would
have been enough by itself to all but assure that he will die in prison.[4]
Nassar, Federal Bureau of Prisons Register #21504-040, was transferred to United States Penitentiary
in Tucson, Arizona in February 2018.[42] Earlier, he had been transferred from a Michigan county jail
to the federal detention center at FCI Milan near Milan, Michigan. His earliest possible release from
federal custody will be March 23, 2069, by which time he would be 105 years old.

ADDITIONAL AND ONGOING DEVELOPMENTS

Michigan State University and United States Olympic Committees
Child Sexual Abuse Scandal Involving Inmate Nassar and His Enablers

.

Aly Raisman lawsuit says USOC was 'aware at highest level' of Nassar abuse

  • Lawsuit says USA Gymnastics also failed to protect athletes
  • Nassar jailed for abusing athletes under guise of medical care

THE GUARDIAN

*
Out of Balance: An Indystar Investigation into USA Gymnastics
A blind eye to sex abuse: How USA Gymnastics failed to report cases
THE PROMINENT OLYMPIC ORGANIZATION FAILED TO ALERT AUTHORITIES TO MANY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ABUSE BY COACHES.
Marisa Kwiatkowski, Mark Alesia and Tim Evans

Can USA Gymnastics reform itself under current leadership?

Tim Evans,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 10:49 a.m. ET June 27, 2017 | Updated 7:48 p.m. ET June 27, 2017

Aug. 4, 2016

VIDEO: HOW USA GYMNASTICS PROTECTED COACHES OVER KIDS

Aug. 4, 2016

VIDEO: COACHES’ HUGS STILL MAKE BECCA SEABORN CRINGE

USA Gymnastics responds to IndyStar investigation

IndyStarPublished 8:43 a.m. ET Aug. 4, 2016

USA Gymnastics President Steve Penny said he feels significant facts were omitted.

How to protect your child from sexual predators

IndyStarPublished 4:31 a.m. ET Aug. 4, 2016 | Updated 11:09 a.m. ET Dec. 19, 2016

Why coaches’ hugs make Becca Seaborn cringe

Mark Alesia, mark.alesia@...Published 4:46 a.m. ET Aug. 4, 2016 | Updated 1:12 p.m. ET Feb. 3, 2017

How IndyStar investigated USA Gymnastics

IndyStarPublished 4:31 a.m. ET Aug. 4, 2016 | Updated 11:34 a.m. ET Sept. 1, 2016

IndyStar seeks to unseal abuse documents

Tim Evans, tim.evans@...Published 4:34 a.m. ET Aug. 4, 2016

TRAIL OF WARNINGS [TIMELINE]

A timeline of William ‘Bill’ McCabe’s career as a gymnastics coach and the warnings that followed him everywhere.
Part of the Out of Balance IndyStar investigation.

Olympians respond to USA Gymnastics story

Mark Alesia,Tim Evans and Marisa Kwiatkowski, IndyStarPublished 7:21 p.m. ET Aug. 4, 2016 | Updated 10:07 p.m. ET Aug. 4, 2016

Indiana Senate leader seeks tougher child abuse law

Tim Evans and Tony Cook, IndyStarPublished 5:25 p.m. ET Aug. 5, 2016 | Updated 8:31 p.m. ET Aug. 5, 2016

Editorial: USA Gymnastics’ stunning failure to protect children

Published 1:41 p.m. ET Aug. 5, 2016 | Updated 2:22 p.m. ET Aug. 23, 2016

Senators want answers from gymnastics chief

Mark Alesia,Tim Evans and Marisa Kwiatkowski, IndyStarPublished 7:38 p.m. ET Aug. 5, 2016 | Updated 8:34 p.m. ET Aug. 5, 2016

Sexual predators left off list of banned USA Gymnastics coaches

Mark Alesia,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Tim Evans, IndyStarPublished 5:03 a.m. ET Aug. 7, 2016 | Updated 12:30 p.m. ET Jan. 31, 2017

Doyel: Punish adults who leave children at risk

Gregg Doyel, gregg.doyel@...Published 2:32 p.m. ET Aug. 15, 2016 | Updated 2:24 p.m. ET Aug. 23, 2016

Major sponsor questions USA Gymnastics

Mark Alesia,Tim Evans,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Tony Cook, IndyStarPublished 12:27 p.m. ET Aug. 19, 2016 | Updated 2:20 p.m. ET Aug. 23, 2016

Ex-gymnast speaks out about her sexual abuse

Marisa Kwiatkowski and Tim Evans, IndyStarPublished 6:29 p.m. ET Aug. 26, 2016 | Updated 7:27 p.m. ET Aug. 27, 2016

Georgia judge to unseal USA Gymnastics sex abuse records

By Peter Janci on August 31, 2016       Category: News of Interest
Tags: IndyStar investigationJudge Ronald K. ThompsonUSA Gymnastics CoachesUSA Gymnastics Sex Abuse Complaint Files

Former USA Gymnastics doctor accused of abuse

Tim Evans,Mark Alesia and Marisa Kwiatkowski, IndyStarPublished 3:46 p.m. ET Sept. 12, 2016 | Updated 4:35 p.m. ET Jan. 24, 2018
Editor’s note: Since this article published, at least 150 people have come forward with allegations of sexual abuse against Dr. Larry Nassar. He was sentenced Jan. 24, 2018, to 175 years in prison after pleading guilty to sexually abusing seven girls.
This story was originally published Sept. 12, 2016.

Doctor disputes USA Gymnastics claim

Tim Evans,Mark Alesia and Marisa Kwiatkowski, IndyStarPublished 1:27 p.m. ET Sept. 13, 2016 | Updated 6:39 p.m. ET Sept. 13, 2016

Michigan State fires former USA Gymnastics doctor

Mark Alesia,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Tim Evans, IndyStarPublished 2:07 p.m. ET Sept. 20, 2016 | Updated 9:10 p.m. ET Sept. 20, 2016

Dr. Larry Nassar: A history of preying on people

Here’s a timeline of former Michigan State University doctor Larry Nassar’s decades–long career and the allegations against him resulting in multiple criminal cases and several lawsuits.
Coverage by the Lansing State Journal and IndyStar of the USAToday Network.

Timeline: Former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar

Mark Alesia,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Tim Evans, IndyStarPublished 4:54 p.m. ET Sept. 20, 2016 | Updated 7:32 p.m. ET Feb. 14, 2017

U.S. Olympic Committee announces change in abuse reporting policy

Joseph Cranney, Marisa Kwiatkowski, Tim Evans and Mark Alesia, USA TODAY NetworkPublished 9:08 a.m. ET Sept. 22, 2016 | Updated 7:58 p.m. ET Sept. 22, 2016

16 more women accuse former USA Gymnastics doctor of sexual abuse

Marisa Kwiatkowski,Tim Evans and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 5:01 a.m. ET Sept. 25, 2016 | Updated 3:40 p.m. ET Oct. 27, 2016

Michigan AG takes over gymnastics doctor's case

Mark Alesia,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Tim Evans, IndyStarPublished 3:39 p.m. ET Oct. 6, 2016 | Updated 3:51 p.m. ET Oct. 6, 2016

Prominent gymnasts renew call for change

Marisa Kwiatkowski,Tim Evans and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 7:02 a.m. ET Oct. 8, 2016 | Updated 12:46 p.m. ET Jan. 31, 2017

New lawsuit claims Bela and Martha Karolyi ignored abuse of gymnasts

Marisa Kwiatkowski,Tim Evans and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 12:08 p.m. ET Oct. 27, 2016 | Updated 1:16 p.m. ET Nov. 1, 2016

USA Gymnastics to review sex abuse policies

Marisa Kwiatkowski,Tim Evans and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 2:40 p.m. ET Nov. 3, 2016 | Updated 12:43 p.m. ET Jan. 31, 2017

Bond set at $1 million for ex-USA Gymnastics doctor

Mark Alesia,Tim Evans and Marisa Kwiatkowski, IndyStarPublished 3:42 p.m. ET Nov. 21, 2016 | Updated 10:52 a.m. ET Nov. 22, 2016

Ex-USA Gymnastics doctor's charges are 'tip of iceberg'

Mark Alesia,Tim Evans and Marisa Kwiatkowski, IndyStarPublished 1:48 p.m. ET Nov. 22, 2016 | Updated 12:41 p.m. ET Jan. 31, 2017

Missed signs: Signs gymnastics coaches were abusing children

Allison Carter, allison.carter@...Published 5:04 a.m. ET Dec. 15, 2016 | Updated 7:04 a.m. ET Dec. 15, 2016

A 20-year toll: 368 gymnasts allege sexual exploitation
INDYSTAR INVESTIGATIONS REVEALED THAT CHILDREN WERE BEING ABUSED IN GYMNASTICS GYMS, BUT NO ONE KNEW HOW WIDESPREAD THE PROBLEM WAS. UNTIL NOW.
Tim Evans,
Mark Alesia and
Marisa Kwiatkowski,
IndyStar

Ex-USA Gymnastics doctor arrested on child porn charges

Matt Mencarini and Tim Evans, USA TODAY NetworkPublished 4:54 p.m. ET Dec. 16, 2016 | Updated 7:31 a.m. ET Dec. 17, 2016

He could have been stopped: How one pedophile kept coaching gymnastics
AN INDYSTAR INVESTIGATION TRACED THE PATH OF FORMER COACH RAY ADAMS ACROSS A DOZEN GYMS IN FOUR STATES.
Marisa Kwiatkowski,
Tim Evans and
Mark Alesia,
 IndyStar

Ray Adams: A Predator’s Trail

In 1993, gymnastics coach Ray Adams was accused of molesting a 12–year–old girl – the first of 16 accusations made against the coach over 20 years. Here’s how one coach was able to move gym to gym, across four states, preying on young athletes.

Editorial: USA Gymnastics must send strong message

Published 8:04 a.m. ET Dec. 18, 2016 | Updated 11:12 a.m. ET Jan. 4, 2017

USA GYMNASTICS MAY FACE ANOTHER LAWSUIT

USA Gymnastics may face another lawsuit

Tim Evans,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 5:06 p.m. ET Jan. 12, 2017 | Updated 8:26 p.m. ET Jan. 12, 2017

USA Gymnastics delayed reporting Larry Nassar for 5 weeks

Mark Alesia,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Tim Evans, IndyStarPublished 8:23 p.m. ET Feb. 16, 2017 | Updated 8:39 p.m. ET Feb. 16, 2017

Dominique Moceanu says USA Gymnastics CEO 'at the forefront' of ignoring abuse

Tim Evans,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 6:02 a.m. ET Feb. 26, 2017 | Updated 3:12 p.m. ET March 22, 2017

USA Gymnastics files shed new light on sex abuse scandal

Mark Alesia,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Tim Evans, IndyStarPublished 6:49 p.m. ET March 3, 2017 | Updated 3:05 p.m. ET March 22, 2017

SafeSport Center: Is it the answer to athlete sex abuse?

Tim Evans,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 6:45 p.m. ET March 8, 2017 | Updated 3:05 p.m. ET March 22, 2017
https://tinyurl.com/ycvuje49

U.S. senators introduce bill to address sex abuse in Olympic sports

Marisa Kwiatkowski,Mark Alesia and Tim Evans, IndyStarPublished 5:32 p.m. ET March 6, 2017 | Updated 3:05 p.m. ET March 22, 2017

USA Gymnastics board takes up Steve Penny's future

Tim Evans,Mark Alesia and Marisa Kwiatkowski, IndyStarPublished 6:40 p.m. ET March 15, 2017 | Updated 3:05 p.m. ET March 22, 2017

USA Gymnastics President Steve Penny resigns

Mark Alesia,Tim Evans and Marisa Kwiatkowski, IndyStarPublished 2:22 p.m. ET March 16, 2017 | Updated 3:05 p.m. ET March 22, 2017

Abused gymnast: USA Gymnastics, please listen

Kelly CutrightPublished 1:41 p.m. ET April 6, 2017 | Updated 9:51 p.m. ET April 6, 2017

APPEALS COURT WON’T TOSS LAWSUIT AGAINST USA GYMNASTICS

Tim Evans,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 10:57 a.m. ET April 19, 2017

The lawsuit is among at least a half-dozen that USA Gymnastics is currently facing. All allege the Olympic national governing body failed to protect young athletes from alleged sexual abuse.

Can USA Gymnastics reform itself under current leadership?

Tim Evans,Marisa Kwiatkowski and Mark Alesia, IndyStarPublished 10:49 a.m. ET June 27, 2017 | Updated 7:48 p.m. ET June 27, 2017

*

Aly Raisman to sue Michigan State over Larry Nassar abuse

Matt Mencarini, Lansing State JournalPublished 3:07 p.m. ET March 2, 2018 | Updated 3:33 p.m. ET March 2, 2018

*

Michigan State’s problems start much higher than Larry Nassar and sports coaches
By Sally Jenkins Columnist
March 2 at 9:43 AM
Washington Post

*

Aly Raisman files lawsuit against USOC, USA Gymnastics over alleged sexual abuse

By Will Hobson March 2, 2018 at 8:00 AM

Washington Post

*

Doctor at center of USA Gymnastics scandal left warning signs at Michigan State
By Will Hobson April 25, 2017
Washington Post

*

Michigan's Congressional leaders disappointed with MSU's handling of Nassar case

*

DeVos Announces New Investigation
into Michigan State Title IX Compliance

Sends OCR Investigators and Clery Compliance Officers to Campus
Contact:   Press Office, (202) 401-1576, press@...
Washington — U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos today announced
a new Title IX directed investigation into Michigan State University's (MSU)
handling of reports of sexual violence against former employee, Dr. Larry Nassar.
"This new Title IX investigation will look at systemic issues in the University's
handling of sex-based incidents involving Dr. Larry Nassar," said Secretary
DeVos. "Our Office for Civil Rights team will be in East Lansing shortly where
they will join the Federal Student Aid team already on site. FSA is currently
performing a Clery Act compliance examination regarding MSU's reporting
of crimes committed on campus.
"I appreciated seeing acting President Engler's directive to the entire University
to cooperate fully with our—and with all—inquiries into the University's actions.
We expect MSU's full and complete disclosure about its actions to protect
students from sexual assault.
"The crimes for which Dr. Nassar has been convicted are unimaginable.
The bravery shown by the survivors has been remarkable. My heart goes out
to them as they have had to relive their horrific experiences and as they begin
the long road to healing. Every student across every campus should know that
I am committed to ensuring all students have access to a learning environment
free from sexual misconduct and discrimination and that all institutions that fall
short will be held accountable for violations of federal law."

*

Naperville gymnast, victimized by Larry Nassar at age 11, calls on school to talk more about sex abuse
Suzanne BakerNaperville Sun
Chicago Tribune
A male gymnast alleges in a lawsuit filed Wednesday that he was sexually abused by Larry Nassar,
becoming the first known male victim to file suit against the former USA Gymnastics and Michigan
State team doctor. In one of six amended complaints filed in federal court Wednesday as part of a
civil suit against Nassar, USA Gymnastics and Michigan State, Jacob Moore claims that he was
sexually abused and harassed by Nassar in 2016.

*

  1. M

Nassar victims push for resignation of Michigan State Trustee Dan Kelly

Updated Feb 22Posted Feb 22, 2018

By Brian McVicar

Michigan News

Michigan Live
*

New Legislation To Outlaw Failing To Report Sexual Abuse In Olympic Sports

February 14, 20185:03 AM ET
Heard on Morning Edition
NPR
ALEXANDRA STARR
https://tinyurl.com/y99mglxa

*

Here's what Michigan State University has done since Larry Nassar's trial

Eric Levenson
By Eric Levenson
CNN
Updated 8:58 PM ET, Wed February 14, 2018

(CNN)Weeks after the remarkable sentencing of longtime sexual abuser Larry Nassar
Michigan State University has made several changes in personnel, policy and procedure
as it faces investigations into its role, if any, in the scandal.

*

Report: FBI Opens Internal Review Into Handling of Larry Nassar Allegations

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has opened an internal review over their handling
of sexual-abuse allegations against former U.S. Gymnastics and Michigan State team
doctor Larry Nassar, reports the Wall Street Journal.
Multiple gymnasts had filed complaints against Nassar early as 2015 and the bureau
wants to know why it took more than a year before they started to investigate Nassar.
According to the report, the FBI started looking into the allegations in July 2015 and
interview one of the victims over the phone.
The internal review is being conducted by the Inspection Division in Washington, D.C.,
who are charged with probing allegations of employee misconduct at the bureau.

*

by
 TRACY CONNOR and KATHRYN BERG
FEB 6 2018, 11:28 AM ET
NBC NEWS

Boyce said she knows that if someone had believed her in 1997, Nassar could have been stopped,
and there would not have been more than
200 women giving victim impact statements during
sentencing hearings in two counties.

*

American gymnasts detail sexual abuse to legislators on Capitol Hill
A.J. PEREZ  |  USA TODAY SPORTS
Updated 12:27 a.m. EST Mar. 1, 2018
USA Today Sports

*

Michigan AG has police seize evidence from MSU over Nassar scandal

by TRACY CONNOR
NBC News

An investigation into Michigan State University’s handling of allegations
against Dr. Larry Nassar
 is already getting ugly.
The Attorney General’s office had state police seize evidence from the
Big Ten campus on Friday, saying the university did not turn it over fast enough.
A spokesman for the newly appointed president of MSU then accused
Attorney General Bill Schuette of playing politics with the probe.
“What you have is an attorney general running for governor,” said John Truscott,
speaking on behalf on the new president, former Michigan Gov. John Engler.

*

MSU faculty, students say they're 'horrified'
by school's handling of Nassar scandal

Updated Feb 6Posted Feb 6, 2018
By Lauren Gibbons
Michigan Live

*

MSU donations drop 25%; Nassar effect uncertain

MSU donations drop 25%; Nassar effect uncertain

Neal Rubin, The Detroit NewsPublished 12:00 a.m. ET Feb. 12, 2018 | Updated 10:08 a.m. ET Feb. 12, 2018

*
By Marie Weidmayer

February 20, 2018 12:49 am
State News

The lawsuits were filed in Western District of Michigan federal court.
In a lawsuit filed Feb. 17, Katherine Gordon is suing MSU, the MSU Board of Trustees
and the following individuals: Nassar, former College of Osteopathic Medicine Dean William Strampel
MSU Sports Medicine Dr. Jeffrey Kovan, retired MSU professor of clinical psychology Gary Stollak
former MSU gymnastics head coach Kathie Klagesand current athletic trainer Destiny Teachnor-Hauk.

*

*

Gillibrand wants Justice Department to investigate US Olympic Committee over Nassar

Jennifer Hansler
Updated 6:30 PM ET, Sat February 3, 2018

*

EDITORIAL

Why Larry Nassar’s crimes must never be forgotten

FEBRUARY 04, 2018

Boston Globe

*
POLITICS
02/26/2018 03:32 pm ET Updated 5 days ago

Education Department Launches Investigation Into How MSU Handled Larry Nassar Abuse

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said she expects the school’s “full and complete disclosure” throughout the process.
Huffington Post
Several of Nassar’s victims say they reported the abuse to MSU coaches and trainers over the course of two decades, but their accusations were continually disregarded or swept under the rug. According to an investigative report from the Detroit News, at least 14 MSU representatives knew about Nassar’s abuse and failed to report it.
According to the Education Department’s statement, the Office for Civil Rights is heading to East Lansing, Michigan, where the school is located, to join the Federal Student Aid team to begin the investigation.
“I appreciated seeing acting President [John] Engler’s directive to the entire university to cooperate fully with our ― and with all ― inquiries into the university’s actions,” DeVos said. “We expect MSU’s full and complete disclosure about its actions to protect students from sexual assault.”
*

Michigan State still has to answer for Larry Nassar

The university is now facing multiple investigations. What’s next?

By Jen Kirby

jen.kirby@...

Jan 30, 2018, 4:30pm EST

VOX

Larry Nassar, the former USA Gymnastics and Michigan State University
doctor who sexually abused dozens of girls and women, will likely die
behind bars: “I just signed your death warrant,” Judge Rosemarie Aquilina
told him at his sentencing hearing last week.
But scrutiny of the institutions that employed Nassar has just begun.
Survivors and the public are calling for Michigan State University and USA
Gymnastics to account for their failures. They are demanding these
institutions explain how a doctor accused of molesting more than 260 women
and girls did not face real consequences for decades, and acknowledge how
that silence enabled Nassar to become perhaps the worst known sexual
predator in American sports history.

*

USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal

From Wikipedia

The USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal involves the sexual abuse of female athletes—primarily minors—
over the past two decades, in which over 368 individuals have been sexually assaulted by "by gym owners,
coaches, and staff working for gymnastics programs across the country".[1][2]
Particularly, Larry Nassar, a former USA Gymnastics (USAG) national team osteopathic physician, has been
named in hundreds of lawsuits filed by athletes who said that Nassar sexually abused them under the pretense
of providing medical treatment. Since the first public statements were made in September 2016, more than
265 women,[3] including former USAG national team members Jamie DantzscherJeanette Antolin
McKayla MaroneyAly RaismanMaggie NicholsGabby DouglasSimone Biles, and Jordyn Wieber, have
accused Nassar of sexually assaulting them. It is one of the biggest sexual abuse scandals in sports history.[4][5][6][7]
On July 11, 2017, Nassar pleaded guilty to federal child pornography charges; he was sentenced to 60 years
in prison on December 7, 2017. On November 22, 2017, he pleaded guilty to seven charges of first-degree
sexual assault and entered another guilty plea a week later to three additional charges of sexual assault.
On January 24, 2018, Nassar was sentenced to an additional 40 to 175 years in prison, set to run after
Nassar serves the 60-year federal prison sentence for child pornography. On February 5, 2018, Nassar
received another 40 to 125 years.
An investigation over the period of nine months found that "predatory coaches were allowed to move from
gym to gym, undetected by a lax system of oversight, or dangerously passed on by USA Gymnastics-certified
gyms".[8] USAG and Michigan State University—where Nassar was a faculty member—have been accused of
enabling Nassar's abuse[9][10][11] and are named as defendants in civil lawsuits that former gymnasts have filed
against Nassar.[12][13][14]
Besides Nassar, other coaches across the country were involved in the scandal, in localities such as Michigan,
Pennsylvania, California, Rhode Island, and Indiana.[8]

*

Larry Nassar: Disgraced US Olympics doctor jailed for 175 years

Ex-US Olympic gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar
has been sentenced to 40 to 175 years after testimony
from nearly 160 of his victims.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42811304

*

THIS COMPLETE SOURCE MAY BE READ AT THE WEB ADDRESS BELOW

https://tinyurl.com/y9grr8jy

*

Judge Rosemarie Aquilina Denies Larry Nassars Appeal For New Sentence

CRIME

The former USA Gymnastics team doctor was assaulted in prison because hes a convicted child molester, a prosecutor said.

By Alanna Vagianos

Huffington Post

08/03/2018 12:53 pm ET

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/

judge-rosemarie-aquilina-denies-larry-nassar-

sentence-appeal_us_5b646d2de4b0fd5c73d90c1f

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

https://bit.ly/2vJ1i8j

*

Nassar and former USA Gymnastics trainer indicted for alleged sexual abuse
at Karolyi Ranch in Texas

By Ralph Ellis, CNN

Updated 9:51 PM ET, Fri June 29, 2018

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/29/us/larry-nassar-indicted-in-texas/index.html