Topics

CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE : POLICE BRUTALITY : UNITED STATES: The Real Whistle-Blower in Police Brutality

David P. Dillard

..

..

CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE :

POLICE BRUTALITY :

UNITED STATES:

The Real Whistle-Blower in Police Brutality

..

..

The Real Whistle-Blower in Police Brutality

By Aaron Paxton Arnold

Updated 3:35 PM ET, Fri August 7, 2015

CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/07/opinions/arnold-police-shootings/

..

..

(CNN)If I could design the next cover of New York Magazine, I'd borrow the same concept as the powerful and widely noted display of 35 of Bill Cosby's accusers.

..

But instead of the women who said they were victimized by the famous actor and comedian, I'd grace the cover with the many unarmed black men and women gunned down by police over the last few years alone -- and use the empty chair to symbolize the next victim and those who died without any publicity.

..

But that won't happen, so I thank you Facebook, I thank you Twitter, I thank you Instagram and all other social media platforms that have shined the light on police brutality. Thank you Android, I thank you iPhone, I thank you Blackberry (yes some of us still use them) and other smart phone devices.

..

If not for you, too many Americans would continue to think that African-Americans and people of color in general were merely crying wolf when it came to the rampant killing of unarmed black people that has plagued us for decades. And we must thank the police body-cams because they, too, are now telling the story of many whose accounts have gone ignored for years.

..

A segment of America wouldn't believe that false police testimonies and coverups even existed despite years of protests from the African-American community.

..

In 2015, it's not the American justice system that's bringing attention to the disproportionate number of African-Americans being murdered by police, but smartphones and social media platforms.

..

snip

..

However, the strained relationship between African-Americans and law-enforcement runs deep. It goes back as far as the systematic oppression of Jim Crow. So when yet another unarmed black man, Samuel DuBose, 43, is shot and killed at the hands of the now ex-University of Cincinnati police officer, Ray Tensing, who claims he feared for his life despite contradictory video evidence, it reeks of another failure of justice. Tensing was indicted, charged with murder and voluntary manslaughter and bonded out of jail.

..

..

..

..

Research Guides
http://tinyurl.com/qy3gq6g
AND

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IndoorGardeningUrban/info

Information Literacy (Russell Conwell Center Guide)

http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

..

..

..