Topics

CRIME AND CRIMINALS: CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE, PEDOPHILIA : BUSINESS: CORPORATIONS: NAMED CORPORATIONS: SUBWAY : LAW: CASE: DECISIONS: Woman Secretly Recorded Jared Fogle's Conversations, Helped Bring Him Down

David P. Dillard

..

..

CRIME AND CRIMINALS: CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE, PEDOPHILIA :

BUSINESS: CORPORATIONS: NAMED CORPORATIONS: SUBWAY :

LAW: CASE: DECISIONS:

Woman Secretly Recorded Jared Fogle's Conversations, Helped Bring Him Down

..

..

Woman Secretly Recorded Jared Fogle's Conversations,
Helped Bring Him Down

By Faith Karimi and Anderson Cooper

CNN

Updated 6:29 AM ET, Fri August 21, 2015

Video Source: CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/21/us/ subway-jared-fogle-informant-child-pornography-allegations/

..

A shorter URL for the above link:

..

http://tinyurl.com/q5or2dg

..

..

(CNN) When Rochelle Herman first heard Jared Fogle's alleged off-color comments about young girls, she was so disturbed, she knew she had to do something, she said.

She recorded conversations with him for the FBI.

Fogle, a pitchman for Subway at the time, was attending a health event in Florida in 2007 when the incident occurred, Herman said.

Herman, who was a journalist at the time, was covering the event at a local school when Fogle made a random comment, she said.

"He told me that he thought middle school girls were so hot," Herman said. "I was in shock ... I actually was questioning, 'Did I really just hear what I think I heard?' I looked over at my cameraman ... and he was just astounded," she said.

Years later, Fogle is planning to plead guilty to child pornography charges. His plea will include crossing state lines to pay for sex with minors, prosecutors said this week.

The plea deal would see him serve between five and 12 years in prison --
from pitchman to sex offender -- in a stunning downfall partly initiated by Herman.

..

snip

..

..