Topics

BOOKS: ELECTRONIC: MARKETING RETAIL SALES ELECTRONIC COMMERCE : MARKETING : BUSINESS: MARKEITING: Social Media Marketing Must Be Sustainable

David P. Dillard

..

..

BOOKS: ELECTRONIC: MARKETING RETAIL SALES ELECTRONIC COMMERCE :

MARKETING :

BUSINESS: MARKEITING:

Social Media Marketing Must Be Sustainable

..

..

Social Media Marketing Must Be Sustainable

By: Chris Syme

August 20, 2015

Digital Book World

http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2015/ social-media-marketing-must-be-sustainable/

..

A shorter URL for the above link:

..

http://tinyurl.com/pcmpg2b

..

..

In How to Market a Book, Joanna Penn writes, The first job of an author is, of course, to write great books, but these days, their second job is to market them. Penn goes on to address the misunderstanding many authors have about marketing:

..

I know the very word can be off-putting, but marketing is not about shrieking, buy my book, buy my book crazily on social media. Its not about scams, unethical practices or treating people badly. Marketing is about sharing what you love with people who truly value hearing about it.

..

The truth is, if you have an aversion to social media, it probably stems from an aversion to marketing in general. And who could blame you? Social media platforms change faster than Kim Kardashian changes shoes.

..

When we talk about marketing in 2015, the conversation is incomplete without social media. Marketing research tells us it is a key player in buying decisions: according to Ad Week, 71 percent of consumers are likely to make a purchase based on a social media referral, and 78 percent say that a brands social media posts impact their buying decisions. With 71 percent of the adult Internet population using Facebook and 52 percent using more than one social media platform, these numbers are hard to ignore.

..

Successful Social Media Marketing Needs to Be Sustainable

..

snip

..

..

Topics Discussed in This Article:

Sustainable social media is organic

Sustainable social media values diversity

Sustainable social media adds value

Sustainable social media builds loyalty

Sustainable social media starts in a local community

Sustainable social media uses your communitys knowledge and strengths

Sustainable social media earns trust

Sustainable social media starts with a plan

Sustainable social media can be integrated with other forms of marketing

Sustainable social media marketing honors both innovation and strategy

..

..

From Responses to This Article:

Helene Byrne, BeFit-Mom
August 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Magazines, like from 1990? No one in my potential audience (women 20-40) reads magazines or newspapers, watches regular TV, or listens to radio.
BeFit-Mom

http://www.befitmom.com

..

..

Ernie Zelinski
August 20, 2015 at 8:27 pm

You say, \And sustainable social media is an important piece of your marketing plan.\

This is wrong. Social media is NOT an important piece of my marketing plan. I know I can bring out a particular new book and have it sell over 100,000 copies in print without using any social media.

..

..

The complete article and responses may be read at the URL above.

..

..

Research Guides
http://tinyurl.com/qy3gq6g