CRIME AND CRIMINALS: ASSAULT, HARRASSMENT : POLICE BRUTALITY : UNITED STATES: STATES: NEW YORK : VIDEOS: 'Now My Mom's Knocked Out': Cell Phone Video Shows Alleged Suffolk County Police Brutality

David P. Dillard

..

..

CRIME AND CRIMINALS: ASSAULT, HARRASSMENT :

POLICE BRUTALITY :

UNITED STATES: STATES: NEW YORK :

VIDEOS:

'Now My Mom's Knocked Out':
Cell Phone Video Shows Alleged Suffolk County Police Brutality

..

..

'Now My Mom's Knocked Out':
Cell Phone Video Shows Alleged Suffolk County Police Brutality

Posted 6:58 PM, August 5, 2015,

by Ayana Harry

PIX 11.COM

http://pix11.com/2015/08/05/now-my-moms-knocked-out-cell-
phone-video-shows-alleged-suffolk-county-police-brutality/

..

A shorter URL for the above link:

..

http://tinyurl.com/q8qttut

..

..

CENTER MORICHES, New York It started with a wild family feud and ended with two brothers in jail and a mother first immobilized by a police stun gun, then left unconscious after being knocked to the ground.

..

The bystander who captured it all says that over a year later police are now harassing him.

..

Now my moms knocked out the floor, look at her, said Thomas Demint while watching the disturbing video he recorded that day. I dont regret taking the video but it did bring me a lot of complications after taking the video.

..

It all happened May 22, 2014 in Center Moriches in Suffolk County, Long Island. Demint says he was on his way to work when he spotted police officers arresting a friend, that friends brother and their mom after an altercation.

..

I was genuinely shocked, Demint said. He documented the frantic scene on his cell and insists he stayed out of the way.

..

My client was not aggressive, my client was standing there videotaping, said Demints attorney Ken Mollins.

..

Suffolk County police responded in a statement saying, Thomas Demint interfered with officers by shouting obscenities toward police officers and paramedics as well as entering the scene several times after he was told not to.

..

After several minutes it seemed the drama was finally over. At that point the videotape stopped, my client was walking away, three police officers jumped him on the back, threw him down to the floor and cuffed him, cuffed him and they arrested him and charged with obstruction of justice.

..

The 20-year-old says cops on the scene tried to erase the video from his phone but deleted the wrong clips. And since then Demint says hes been stopped by police several times.

..

..

..

..

Research Guides
http://tinyurl.com/qy3gq6g
AND

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IndoorGardeningUrban/info

Information Literacy (Russell Conwell Center Guide)

http://tinyurl.com/p63whl

..

..

..