RESEARCH GUIDE ARCHIVE : ORIGINAL GUIDE : HOW TO WRITE A RESEARCH PAPER : RESEARCH PAPER SUBJECT IDEAS : How to Find a Research Paper Topic

David Dillard

*

*

How to Find a Research Paper Topic

.

.

Finding a Research Paper Topic : Lists of Research Subject Ideas
In addition to lists of suggested term paper topics, one can go to Google Scholar or
Google Books or Temple Summon Search and search a broad topic area and look at
the search results for topic ideas. Clicking items that provide good ideas to see more
information about those sources that give a possible topic will provide more
information about that topic to help refine the idea for the paper.

https://sites.google.com/site/howtowriteasuperresearchpaper/research-paper-subject-ideas

*

Research Topic Ideas

From Frances Willson Thompson Library in Flint Michigan

*

Alltop

http://alltop.com/

*

A Quick List of Research Paper Topics and How to Start Your Research Paper
Including Questions to Help You Find Your Thesis

Book

A Quick List of Research Paper Topics and How to Start Your Research Paper:
Including Questions to Help You Find Your Thesis
Author    C. G. Brewer
Publisher    CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2016
ISBN    153365638X, 9781533656384
Length    66 pages

http://tinyurl.com/gnq645n

*

597 Good Research Paper Topics

http://www.myspeechclass.com/good-and-interesting-research-paper-topics.html

*

Top 100 Research Paper Topics

http://tinyurl.com/gqpdpnr

*

Research Paper Topics

http://www.ereadingworksheets.com/writing/research-paper-topics/

*

*

Browse in Subject or Discipline Specific Encyclopedias, Handbooks and Guides for Subject Ideas for Term Papers

There are huge numbers of guides, encyclopedias and handbooks to both broad and narrow topic areas. One
can look through a general selection of such titles using a general search to find them or use a more complex
search to focus on a specific topic area.  One can then search in Google Books, Worldcat, Temple Summon Search
and Google Scholar for these reference tools.

Sample Searches

encyclopedia OR encyclopedias OR handbook OR handbooks OR guide OR guides

(medical OR health OR medicine OR hospital OR hospitals OR disease OR diseases) AND
(encyclopedia OR encyclopedias OR handbook OR handbooks OR guide OR guides)

Here are links to the first search

Google Books
Google Scholar with the words book or books added to the search
Penn State Summon Search

encyclopedia OR encyclopedias OR handbook OR handbooks OR guide OR guides

47,577,773 results

https://tinyurl.com/y8xs5mnb

Subject Specific Searches

(encyclopedia OR encyclopedias OR handbook OR handbooks OR guide OR guides)
AND (health OR medical OR medicine OR hospital OR hospitals OR disease OR diseases)

Penn State Summon Search

https://tinyurl.com/ybgtwdhb

17,614,071 results

*

30 of the Most Bizarre Research Paper Topics of All Time

http://www.online-phd-programs.org/bizarre-research-paper-topics/

*

DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS FOR

Google Domain Limited Web Search (BLOGS)

("research paper topics" OR "term paper topics" OR "research assignment topics" OR "research paper subjects") AND
(list OR lists OR guide OR "how to" OR ideas OR selection OR selecting OR "how to") AND SITE: BLOGS

http://tinyurl.com/hr7ovaj

("research paper topics" OR "term paper topics" OR "research assignment topics" OR "research paper subjects") AND
(list OR lists OR guide OR "how to" OR ideas OR selection OR selecting OR "how to") AND SITE: BLOGS/EDU

http://tinyurl.com/h8tdrqf

Content Sample

Pay to buy your term paper sites have been edited out of the listed results below.

Page 4 of about 243,000,000 results (0.73 seconds)

Search Results

Oct 5, 2016 - The most struggling part of writing a research paper is finding a topic to write about.
We have compiled a huge list of research paper topics that ...

CS 4001 Possible Term Paper Topics ... questions for each topic are just a few ideas to spark your imagination and get ...
Describe and evaluate Web site .... Sports blogs and negative attention drawn to athletes – good or bad, and for whom?

------------------

While there are better methods and sources for ideas, any list of
possible topics that provides an idea that fits someones need for
a topic can be used, even lists in paper mills, but the student needs
to know that buying a term paper and using it is plagiarism and the
results for a bought paper are usually going to result in a paper of
inferior quality as well. Also, as with any list of sources or ideas,
one must exercise critical judgement regarding which to use.

Also, looking closely at the promotional content on Buy Your Paper
types of sites may help discourage one from using a paid for
paper approach.  Poor word choice and glittering generalities are a
couple of bad writing seen in this example below.  If this business
writes this type of content to gain customers, one must wonder how
the papers are written.  Also, professors did not just quit their truck
driving job to become a scholar. They may quickly notice that the
bought paper is in no way your writing style seen from other
assignments, hence the first step towards a disaster.

"Get Ready To Receive The Most Professional Assistance!

Latest Dissertation Topics Assistance At our custom writing company,
you shall find academically sound persons who are well versed with
all writing norms given that we have offered custom services for
quite a long time. This means that we have acquired the necessary
skills and knowledge, an assurance that we shall not only assist
you to complete your Business School Coursework paper but also help
you gain new ideas through our Graduate School Coursework Help.
With our team of experts, you can be fully guaranteed of high quality
services that are geared towards satisfying your needs given that we
take into account all your specifications and requirements.
Our services are offered at the right time, while ensuring that
everyone is well considered in terms of prices. With our services, you
can rest assured that all your custom needs shall be met to maximum
satisfaction. Being aware of the fact that client’s satisfaction is
what matters the most, we make an effort to offer the custom services
that are very satisfactory."

Also, in using database search results, one must be patient and look at
numerous items to find better resources for the type of information sought.
I often ask students about our hugely concrete outdoor environment if
they noticed the huge orchard of fruit trees right outside our library.

Orchard Photographs
I then point out that if they are provided with a basket, they will not go
down to this fictitious orchard and harvest leaves. They will want apples,
oranges and pears.  The same is true with search results if one wants
a quality paper.
 One must be careful to use relevant and quality resources.

Any use of Web search Google for term paper topics will find many term paper
mill advertising web sites with no or low quality lists of term paper topics.

Selecting a Research Paper Topic Sources
FROM Google Web Search

Search Strategy

("selecting a research topic" OR "choosing a research topic"
OR "picking a research topic" OR "research topic selection")

https://tinyurl.com/ybctzh82

Selecting a Research Paper Topic Sources FROM Google Videos

https://tinyurl.com/y8fbu9uq

Selecting a Research Paper Topic Sources FROM Google Books

Selecting a Research Paper Topic Sources FROM Penn State Summon

*

Research paper topic lists from online course documentation provide useful resource lists
if ones topic fits the content of the list, For Example:

U.S. History/English 302

Term Paper Topic List
126 Suggested Topics

*

One Hundred and Eight Possible Term Paper Topics

Related to Traditional Chinese Society

http://pages.ucsd.edu/~dkjordan/chin/ChinaTermpaperTopics.html

*
Selecting a Research Paper Topic Sources
FROM Google Domain Limited Web Search

Join Educator-Gold@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.