INDOOR GARDENING : GARDENING : BOTANICAL GARDENS : UNITED STATES: CITIES: NEW YORK, NEW YORK : PHOTOGRAPHY AND PICTURES: Field Trip: New York Botanical Garden

David P. Dillard

..

..

INDOOR GARDENING :

GARDENING :

BOTANICAL GARDENS :

UNITED STATES: CITIES: NEW YORK, NEW YORK :

PHOTOGRAPHY AND PICTURES:

Field Trip: New York Botanical Garden

..

..

Field Trip: New York Botanical Garden

July 31, 2015

Miscellany

Field Trip: New York Botanical Garden

Tribeca Citizen

http://tribecacitizen.com/2015/07/31/ field-trip-new-york-botanical-garden/

..

A shorter URL for the above link:

..

http://tinyurl.com/o68xczt

..

..

As promised/threatened at the end of our Bed-Stuy walkabout, Andrea and I planned on visiting Crown Heights next, but when the weather turned hot and humid, we opted instead for the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx. If youre going to be hot and humid, you might as well be surrounded by greenery.

..

We took the subway to Grand Central, and then bought $13 off-peak round-trip tickets on Metro-North. You purchase tickets based on the station name (Botanical Garden, easy enough), but even if you know that you need to be on the Harlem local line, theres no easy way of figuring out which train that might be (because trains are announced not by line but by their final destination). The system presumes a level of knowledge that made me pity foreigners trying to make the trip. (A couple of days later, Adam and I had the same problem attempting to get to Greenwich.) All of which is to say that Andrea and I got on the wrong train and had to switch at the 125th Street station. Luckily, another passenger advised us what to do, because good luck finding anyone who works for Metro-North once youre onboard.

..

The station is right by the NYBG entrance, and buying a ticket to the garden is easy, if painful on the waller. (Adult admission is $20 on weekdays and $25 on weekends.) Andrea had suggested the visit because she was curious to see the Frida Kahlo: Art, Garden, Life exhibit (up through Nov. 1), so we headed straightaway to the building where the art part of the show is located. The art component, it turns out, is very small, with the emphasis squarely on this famous self-portrait.

..

..

..

..

Research Guides
http://tinyurl.com/qy3gq6g
AND

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IndoorGardeningUrban/info

Information Literacy (Russell Conwell Center Guide)

http://tinyurl.com/p63whl

..

..

..