CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE : POLICE BRUTALITY : UNITED STATES: STATES: MINNESOTA : POLICE: INCOMPETENCE: Minnesota Cop Fatally Shoots Black Man During Traffic Stop, Aftermath Broadcast on Facebook

David P. Dillard

.

.

CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE :

POLICE BRUTALITY :

UNITED STATES: STATES: MINNESOTA :

POLICE: INCOMPETENCE:

Minnesota Cop Fatally Shoots Black Man During Traffic Stop,
Aftermath Broadcast on Facebook

.

.

Minnesota Cop Fatally Shoots Black Man During Traffic Stop,
Aftermath Broadcast on Facebook

By Michael E. Miller and Wesley Lowery

July 7, 2016 at 4:25 AM

Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/07/minn-cop-
fatally-shoots-man-during-traffic-stop-aftermath-broadcast-on-facebook/

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/hrnmzv9

.

.

A Minnesota traffic stop turned deadly Wednesday evening as a police officer opened fire on a black driver.

.

The victim, 32-year-old Philando Castile, died at a Minneapolis hospital, a family member told The Washington Post.

.

The St. Anthony Police Department confirmed the drivers death during a brief Thursday morning press conference but did not identify the officer involved in the shooting or the officers race.

.

The bloody aftermath of the confrontation was broadcast live on Facebook by a female passenger in the car.

.

He killed my boyfriend, said the woman, whose Facebook page named her as Lavish Reynolds, as blood soaked through Castiles shirt.

.

In the video, Reynolds says Castile was legally licensed to carry a firearm and was reaching for his identification when the officer opened fire.

.

He let the officer know that he had a firearm and he was reaching for his wallet and the officer just shot him in his arm, she says.

.

As Castile moans and appears to lose consciousness, the officer can be heard in the background shouting expletives in apparent frustration.

.

Mam, keep your hands where they are, the officer shouts at Reynolds. I told him not to reach for it! I told him to get his hands up.

.

You told him to get his ID, sir, his drivers license, Reynolds responds. Oh my god. Please dont tell me hes dead. Please dont tell me my boyfriend just went like that.

.

.

.

.

https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

https://groups.io/g/indoor-gardening

STATISTICS SOURCES RESEARCH GUIDE
http://guides.temple.edu/statistics-sources

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group