POLICE BRUTALITY : UNITED STATES: CITIES: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND : CHILDREN : POLICE SHOOTING: 13-Year-Old Boy With Toy Gun Shot by Baltimore Police Officers

David P. Dillard

.

.

POLICE BRUTALITY :

UNITED STATES: CITIES: BALTIMORE, MARYLAND :

CHILDREN :

POLICE SHOOTING:

13-Year-Old Boy With Toy Gun Shot by Baltimore Police Officers

The Root

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2016/04/
the_child_s_injuries_are_reportedly_non_life_threatening.html

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/zasvlb6

.

.

Police Commissioner Kevin Davis blamed the childs mother for allowing him to leave the house with a realistic-looking toy gun.

.

A 13-year-old boy was shot Wednesday afternoon by two Baltimore police officers who believed that the toy gun the child was carrying was real, according to WJZ. The boy's injuries are reportedly not life-threatening. The incident happened in Southeast Baltimore around 4 p.m. EDT near a local community center.

.

According to Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis, the child ran after police officers identified themselves, forcing them to open fire.

.

In a press conference, Davis called the toy a "dead-on ringer" for a Beretta 92FS, which the gun's website describes as "the world's most trusted military and police pistol," and placed the blame for the shooting squarely on the child's mother. "If it's a BB gun, projectiles can be fired from a BB gun," Davis said. "We see people who arm themselves with replica handguns for the purpose of committing crimes with that replica handgun. It happens all the time in Baltimore; it happens elsewhere as well.

.

"I can't speak as to what was going through that young man's mind," he continued. "I've got two 13-year-old twins at home, and I'm trying to imagine my two 13-year-olds at home leaving my house with a replica semi-automatic pistol in their hand.

.

"The mom knew that her son left their house with a replica semi-automatic pistol in his hand," Davis added. "I can't wrap my head around that right now."

.

.

.

.

https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

https://groups.io/g/indoor-gardening

STATISTICS SOURCES RESEARCH GUIDE
http://guides.temple.edu/statistics-sources

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group