Former President Jimmy Carter, 90, Announces That He Has Cancer

David P. Dillard

..

..

Former President Jimmy Carter, 90, Announces That He Has Cancer

By David Nakamura

August 12, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/12/ former-president-jimmy-carter-90-announces-he-has-cancer/

..

A shorter URL for the above link:

..

http://tinyurl.com/pamrr9p

..

..

Former president Jimmy Carter announced Wednesday that he has cancer and will be undergoing treatment at Emory Healthcare in Atlanta.

..

Carter, 90, said the disease was discovered during recent liver surgery to remove "a small mass" and that the cancer "is now in other parts of my body."

..

"I will be rearranging my schedule as necessary so I can undergo treatment by physicians at Emory Healthcare," Carter said in a statement on the Carter Center Web site. "A more complete public statement will be made when facts are known, possibly next week."

..

In a statement, President Obama said he and first lady Michelle Obama wished Carter "a full and fast recovery."

..

"Our thoughts and prayers are with [wife] Rosalynn and the entire Carter family as they face this challenge with the same grace and determination that they have shown so many times before," Obama said in a statement released by the White House. "Jimmy, you're as resilient as they come, and along with the rest of America, we are rooting for you."

,

The president also spoke with Carter on Wednesday evening to wish him full and speedy recovery and extended best wishes on behalf of himself and first lady Michelle Obama, White House spokesman Eric Schultz said.

..

..

..

..

Research Guides
http://tinyurl.com/qy3gq6g
AND

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IndoorGardeningUrban/info

Information Literacy (Russell Conwell Center Guide)

http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

..

..

..