Topics

William Preston Miller, ET&WNC Conductor

Chris Ford

Hi Don, thanks for searching us out. While the Historical Society does not have records per se, we do have a vast collective knowledge amongst our hundreds of Society members and ET&WNC followers. I'm copying this email to our ETWNC email group (etwnc@groups.io) to see if someone in this group knows of Mr. Miller and his reported service on the ET&WNC.

To answer your question about the years of the railroad and when Mr. Miller would have worked as conductor....in 1882 the railroad was finished from Johnson City to the iron mine in Cranberry, NC. It later ran all the way to Boone, NC. The ET&WNC to Cranberry ran as a narrow gauge railroad until 1950. So Mr. Miller, according to his obituary, could have worked on the ET from 1884 to 1900.

We'll see if anyone in the group has any further knowledge of Mr. Miller that they can share.

I'll pass along any responses that I receive.

Thanks...and thanks to any of you who have any information to help Mr. Range in his research.

Have a good weekend!