Topics

Upcoming virtual narrow gauge convention

Dean Smith

Hi. I would like to let everyone know that the St. Louis Narrow Gauge Convention, which was unfortunately cancelled, will be going virtual. There will be a total of nine clinics and six layout tours spread over three Saturdays: August 22, August 29, and September 5. The clinics and tours will be on Zoom, free, and available to everyone. Sandy said I must be the lead-off hitter, because my clinic on the operation of my ET&WNC-Vida Division Railroad is the first one. I will be presenting on August 22nd at 10:00 am Central Time. Information and future sign-in procedures are available on the St. Louis Narrow Gauge Convention site: https://40nngc.com .  There may be some minor changes in the schedule, but that will also be announced. I was disappointed when the convention was cancelled and am looking forward to presenting my clinic virtually. Feel free to tune in.  Thanks!

This is extremely exciting news! I attended the St. Louis Narrow gauge convention 10 years ago when I was big into garden railroading. It was wonderful.

Now that you will be presenting my favorite railroad indoors I will be tuning in.

Going to look at the website you gave us and plan on participating in as many events as possible.

Dr. Tom

On Aug 9, 2020, at 12:58 PM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

[...]
Dean
<Title Slide.docx>

Lee Bishop

I looked at the site and am a little confused. There's a listing of online events, but no links to how to get to any of them once they occur. Will this be on YouTube or something you have sign up for, like zoom?
I really want to see your clinic, Dean!
If there's a any chance any of you are thinking ahead to the 2022 one in Tacoma, I've already been asked to present a clinic and to have my layout open for tours.

Mark Lewis

Lee,

I think this is what you are asking about. Directly of the 40th NNGC online schedule page:

"Connection information (via Zoom) will be provided here, closer to the event.   Please ensure that you have Zoom installed on your device, in advance!"

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 1:51 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
I looked at the site and am a little confused. There's a listing of online events, but no links to how to get to any of them once they occur. Will this be on YouTube or something you have sign up for, like zoom?
I really want to see your clinic, Dean!
If there's a any chance any of you are thinking ahead to the 2022 one in Tacoma, I've already been asked to present a clinic and to have my layout open for tours.

Thanks, Mark. That didn't show up on my cell, even after going back and looking for it after reading you post...