Topics

These guys still need to work on Labor Day for the ET&WNC.

Tom Grabenstein

It's Labor Day and the painters and stencil man want to get the day off. The boss wanted some pictures of the newly labeled Hopper cars, so they hung around for some pictures.

All three of the hoppers are now fully lettered for cars #1, #12, and# 18. This is the prettiest they will look as they leave the Johnson City shops to haul iron ore and coal and make some money for the railroad.

The actual shelf layout is still in the imagination phase. If you try real hard you can imagine the Linville Depot at the midsection of this shelf near the Historical Society fan.

More to come. Thanks for looking. Dr. Tom

William Uffelman

Hoppers look great. Can't wait to see them weathered.

What is the brand name of your shelf system and how deep can the shelves be?

Bill Uffelman

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 1:58 PM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
It's Labor Day and the painters and stencil man want to get the day off. The boss wanted some pictures of the newly labeled Hopper cars, so they hung around for some pictures.

All three of the hoppers are now fully lettered for cars #1, #12, and# 18. This is the prettiest they will look as they leave the Johnson City shops to haul iron ore and coal and make some money for the railroad.

The actual shelf layout is still in the imagination phase. If you try real hard you can imagine the Linville Depot at the midsection of this shelf near the Historical Society fan.

More to come. Thanks for looking. Dr. Tom

Tom Grabenstein

Hi Bill,
It is the guardian system available at Lowe’s. The shelf I picked comes out 12 inches. They have a much larger one that comes out 2 feet. The plan I’m using calls for a shelf of 18 inches deep . So I thought this would work OK. I am somewhat into overkill in that I have each shelving attached to the next. The foam is so light that I could’ve spaced the shelves about two or 3 feet apart. I will stiffen The foam with 2 inch aluminum channel Like I did on my mini layout. Tom