Topics

The Linville River layout design element (LDE) o

William Uffelman

For years the original Caboose Hobbies in Denver displayed a CV bridge reworked for On3. It has been a while but as I recall the major change was to the entry portals. Pieces of rivet plate were were added to the main angled girder. This may have been discussed on the old On3 Yahoo group.

As to your Plasticville bridge I believe that the laser cut floor beam detail assembly is still available from either Micro Mark or the firm that cut it for them.

Good start on the expansion of your empire Dr Tom.

Bill Uffelman

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:01 AM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Thank you. This is the type of information I was angling for. This is really a helpful and supportive group.

Are "Chris’ excellent drawings”  of ET&WNC bridges available?

I will be perusing Central Valley website soon looking for bridge parts.

Doc Tom

On Apr 9, 2020, at 9:06 PM, Tuhr <MrTuhr@...> wrote:

Tom:

The Central Valley truss bridge makes an excellent model and with modifications can be perfect for the ET&WNC.  It works great in S-scale and I see no reason it wouldn’t work in O-scale too.  Nice thing about the kit is you can use the various parts to accurately represent the ET bridges and can make it scale suitable.  Just use one of Chris’ excellent drawings as a template.  I have built three so far...the last was for John Waite’s layout...not sure what became of it.

Take care.