Topics

The Linville River layout design element (LDE) on the East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Railroad.

Tom Grabenstein

The good ole boys have been hard at work constructing the next layout design element(LDE) on the ET and WNC RR in On30.

We are back in the blue foam stage again. The river bottom is tempered hardboard and will be painted to look like a swift flowing river in the mountains.

The through truss iron bridge over the river is a cutdown Bachmann “Plasticville” bridge in O scale. If you all know of any other iron truss bridge kits in O scale let this “ole boy” know.

So far the bridge is doing its job to keep the feet of the steam lokie dry.

Thanks for looking. Doc Tom

Tuhr

Tom:

The Central Valley truss bridge makes an excellent model and with modifications can be perfect for the ET&WNC.  It works great in S-scale and I see no reason it wouldn’t work in O-scale too.  Nice thing about the kit is you can use the various parts to accurately represent the ET bridges and can make it scale suitable.  Just use one of Chris’ excellent drawings as a template.  I have built three so far...the last was for John Waite’s layout...not sure what became of it.

Take care.

The good ole boys have been hard at work constructing the next layout design element(LDE) on the ET and WNC RR in On30.

We are back in the blue foam stage again. The river bottom is tempered hardboard and will be painted to look like a swift flowing river in the mountains.

The through truss iron bridge over the river is a cutdown Bachmann “Plasticville” bridge in O scale. If you all know of any other iron truss bridge kits in O scale let this “ole boy” know.

So far the bridge is doing its job to keep the feet of the steam lokie dry.

Thanks for looking. Doc Tom

Tom Grabenstein

Thank you. This is the type of information I was angling for. This is really a helpful and supportive group.

Are "Chris’ excellent drawings”  of ET&WNC bridges available?

I will be perusing Central Valley website soon looking for bridge parts.

Doc Tom

On Apr 9, 2020, at 9:06 PM, Tuhr <MrTuhr@...> wrote:

[...]

Dean Smith

Tuhr,
    John’s railroad, of course, is gone, but Sharon kept the bridge.  She still has it in her new home.  While I can’t convince her to become a model railroader in her own right, she has been keeping busy painting the backdrop on my layout.

Dean