Topics

The Linville depot gets hip or rather a hip roof.

Tom Grabenstein

The Linville depot has a very classy hip roof. To emulate this I built up the roof from styrene.
Shingles, gutters, downspouts and roof supports still to come. I think we are getting closer to re-creating this quaint structure set in the early 1920s.

Thanks for looking and following along with this build. Dr. Tom

Lee Bishop

WOW, I'm very impressed. Great work!
--
Lee Bishop
Owner, Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30 gauge

Dean Smith

Looking good! Someday I'll be making the "little brother" to your depot, but I have scenery work to do in Hampton and the Gorge first. Puff balls and trees and bushes, oh my! Thanks for sharing your fine modeling with us.

Dean

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 7:31 AM
To: ETWNC@groups.io
Subject: [ETWNC] The Linville depot gets hip or rather a hip roof.

The Linville depot has a very classy hip roof. To emulate this I built up the roof from styrene.
Shingles, gutters, downspouts and roof supports still to come. I think we are getting closer to re-creating this quaint structure set in the early 1920s.

Tom Grabenstein

Thank you Dean and Lee. Dean, I will look forward to the Linville depot in HON3. Today, I was wondering if anyone else has made this depot?I would love to see pictures if anyone else has done this project. Dr. Tom

On Jun 26, 2020, at 10:43 AM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

´╗┐Looking good! Someday I'll be making the "little brother" to your depot, but I have scenery work to do in Hampton and the Gorge first. Puff balls and trees and bushes, oh my! Thanks for sharing your fine modeling with us.

Dean

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Grabenstein
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 7:31 AM
To: ETWNC@groups.io
Subject: [ETWNC] The Linville depot gets hip or rather a hip roof.