Topics

The ET Times News Letter

Bill Miller

I received my copy of the ET Times in Saturday's mail.  Very interesting story on the back cover.

I also got three of the 3-D printed ex BRB&L ET&WNC coaches from Western Railrails .com.  #23-24-25

 WM Miller

Joe Bays

Indeed.  that is exciting news and I was not aware of what they were working on there.

Joe Bays

P.S. Ken Riddle's column was one of his best ever, I thought.  Really interesting.

Sheldon Daitch

I agree.

News Letter arrived this afternoon in greater Jacksonville area.

Sheldon

On Monday, April 13, 2020, 01:07:10 PM EDT, Joe Bays via groups.io <firebirdparts@...> wrote:

P.S. Ken Riddle's column was one of his best ever, I thought.  Really interesting.

Chris Ford

Got mine in the Memphis area today. Yeah, Ken knocked it out of the park this time with his VERY timely story. I learn something new every time I read one of Ken's rememberences.

I want to apologize to everyone for the small font on Ken's Corner and on the Doe River Gorge story. I don't usually like to vary the font size but I thought it was important for both of these to run in this issue, and it was about the only way to fit them both in the same issue. If anyone has problems reading those stories in their paper copy then a workaround would be to go get this issue from our website and read it on your computer where you can enlarge it to your heart's content.

I'd also like to remind everyone to read the disclaimer in the Doe River Gorge story (right under "The Christmas Train" heading on page 4). Thanks in advance!

Y'all have a good week, and keep sharing stuff on the "io" group!

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 18:18:21 +0000 (UTC), "Sheldon Daitch via groups.io" <sheldondaitch@...> wrote:

I agree.

News Letter arrived this afternoon in greater Jacksonville area.

Sheldon

On Monday, April 13, 2020, 01:07:10 PM EDT, Joe Bays via groups.io <firebirdparts@...> wrote:

P.S. Ken Riddle's column was one of his best ever, I thought.  Really interesting.

Lee Bishop

Got mine today in the Pacific Northwest.
The flu story was interesting, as my great-grandmother passed away on Armistice Day, an hour after being told that the war was over and her boy was coming home.
Once DGR gets the new stuff in place, I'm for sure going to have to get there again!