TandT #14 on ebay

Brian Kopp

I noted a Train and Trooper HOn3 #14 came up on ebay today. Starting at $700, buy it now for $950.

Just an FYI. I don't know the seller.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, Florida

John Edwards

Brian,

The George L Carter railroad museum bought  a few of them for our ET&WNC layout a few years ago.

In my humble opinion I would steer clear of it. To install DCC cost us a small fortune and they are not

really good runners. We even added more pickups on non pickup wheels and they still didn't run

that well. Fred Alsop can probably give you more information on the Train and Trooper engines. If

anyone has had better luck with these please chime in.

John Edwards

Mountain Empire Model Rail Roaders

Johnson City, TN

On 11/23/2020 1:01 PM, Brian Kopp wrote:
I noted a Train and Trooper HOn3 #14 came up on ebay today. Starting at $700, buy it now for $950.

Just an FYI. I don't know the seller.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, Florida

I have heard the same thing from the two other owners of these engines.
Classic limited brass run; they look great, don't run for beans, and have to be totally rebuilt to run well.
So sad for what they cost...

Brian Kopp

I have the T and T ET&WNC #12 with the mid-era paint scheme (thanks again Johnny G). It is in my display case since I currently model a short-lived 1880s southwest NG line. If I ever get the time I would remotor, regear, re-weight, and re-light this engine. The Roundbell/Locodoc HOn3 conversion webpage has a good write-up on the issues and an example approach to fix it.....

I love these engines and I am glad I have one for display. It is a stand-out in my little sea of brass locos. Can you pick out the ET&WNC engine?

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, Florida

Lee Bishop

Far right, third row from the top.
It stuck out to me as it would if it were painted pink....

Brian Kopp

Exactly Lee!! =)

--
Brian Kopp