Still at it. Planting trees at the Cranberry Mine.

Tom Grabenstein

Hello,

We are still at it on the On30 ET&WNC layout. Trying to transform the pink mountains above the Cranberry Iron mines…...

…..to the well forested ridge line above the mines has taken about 320 “puff ball” trees.

Each one individually handmade.Whew!!!!! I like the way it is blending in with the back drop though. Eventual plans are for structures and a “compressed” yard for the mine.

Thanks for looking.  Doc Tom

Tom Grabenstein

Hello,

We are still at it on the On30 ET&WNC layout. Trying to transform the pink mountains above the Cranberry Iron mines…...

…..to the well forested ridge line above the mines has taken about 320 “puff ball” trees.

Each one individually handmade.Whew!!!!! I like the way it is blending in with the back drop though. Eventual plans are for structures and a “compressed” yard for the mine.

Thanks for looking.  Doc Tom

Lee Bishop

That is utterly amazing! I can't wait to see this scene as it progresses.
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Dean Smith

Looking so good, Doc.  Ya gotta love making trees!

Tom Grabenstein

Thank you Dean and Lee. Making the trees is certainly a labor of love. Looking forward to laying some track and building some structures eventually. Dr. Tom