Topics

Spitoons in use in Tweetsie country?

Lee Bishop

Got these today from eBay. Those ashtrays were used in the 40s, though I'm not sure if spitoons were used that late. Does anyone know?
I mean, this is the area where people were still using outhouses as late as the 1970s and 80s...

Tweetsie12

I'm sure SOMEONE would've still used these, though as to who, I couldn't tell you.

Mark Milbourne

Outhouses more like near 2000!    There was some local gossip back then about an old lady that had finally gotten indoor plumbing.  It apparently made some local news and somebody national like Letterman got wind of it and wanted to put her on their show.   Don’t quote me on the details, but it was something like that.

My barber is a good old boy and sometimes will pause during cutting to spit into a cup he keeps on the counter.

Like Jeff Foxworthy used to say with his redneck jokes:  “If your grandma keeps a spit cup by the ironing board…”

Got these today from eBay. Those ashtrays were used in the 40s, though I'm not sure if spitoons were used that late. Does anyone know?
I mean, this is the area where people were still using outhouses as late as the 1970s and

_._,_._,_