Topics

Scratch built Linville Depot Is completed.

Tom Grabenstein

This is the prototype picture that inspired me to try scratch building the Linville Depot on my On30 rendition of the East Tennessee and Western North Carolina RR.

In the early 1920's it was a setting out point for tourists escaping the cities and getting in to the beautiful North Carolina Mountains with transportation provided by the "Varnish" of the ET&WNC RR.

For the past 6 months I have been using spare time to try and recreate this classy picture.

And a few more shots in 21st century color:

Here is how the little depot fits in to the Linville Layout Design Element (LDE).

Thanks for looking. Dr Tom

Lee Bishop

Great work, as always.
Man, I wish someone would make a kit of this depot in O scale...

Me too!!! It took six months to build. Forgot to show an interior shot. So here it is.

Many Thanks to Chris Ford for his excellent drawings including the interior layout.

Doc Tom

On Jul 31, 2020, at 1:11 PM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Great work, as always.
Man, I wish someone would make a kit of this depot in O scale...

Tweetsie12

Absolutely Gorgeous Doc! Keep up the good work!

Dean Smith

Super job, Doc!

Absolutely Gorgeous Doc! Keep up the good work!

Tom Grabenstein

Thanks guys. Appreciate the (+) comments. After all the construction the good ole boys are back to resting and jawboning. Dr Tom

Super job, Doc!

Absolutely Gorgeous Doc! Keep up the good work!

Dean Smith

Love the leaves in the gutter!  Would you like to come visit me in Missouri and help me make trees to produce even more leaves?

Dean

Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 4:18 PM