Topics

RPO/ Baggage Car #15 rides the rails at Linville

William Uffelman

Look forward to the results.

Bill Uffelman

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 1:17 PM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
I agree The color mismatch may be related to the type of film used and aging of the slide/negative.I also appreciate your input on the color choices for the passenger cars. I think I am in the ballpark.I will definitely stick to these two colors.Dr. Tom

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 5:53 AM William Uffelman via Groups.Io <ufffam=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Are the prototype color photo differences perhaps related to Kodachrome versus Ectachrome versus GAF color rendition? I see two pictures of the same car that appear to be different.

The picture of two coupled cars with different colors make me think of coach green versus Pullman green.

Personally  I prefer the the deeper green for first class varnish and a flatter lighter green for mundane every day cars.

Bill Uffelman

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 9:01 PM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:

Maintenance man J.R.Smith is patiently awaiting the opening of the baggage door on the new #15 combine at Linville Station. He has work to do. The security minded postal workers are busy fumbling with the pad locked door and there will be some delays in getting “J. R.” on board. But there will be no postal robberies by the likes of Jessie James this day.

This is the second Deerfield Laser Kit I have built up on a donated On30 Bachmann chassis. I chose a different paint scheme after riding a prototype passenger car at “Tweetsie” this past summer at the ET & WNC RR Historical society meeting.

Here is #15 with sister Azalea in a different shade of green.

Here are some older color shots of # 15 as well. Let me know, with your 1920’s imagination, which color looks best ?

Thanks for looking.

Doc Tom