Topics

RPO/ Baggage Car #15 rides the rails at Linville on the ET & WNC RR.

Tom Grabenstein

Maintenance man J.R.Smith is patiently awaiting the opening of the baggage door on the new #15 combine at Linville Station. He has work to do. The security minded postal workers are busy fumbling with the pad locked door and there will be some delays in getting “J. R.” on board. But there will be no postal robberies by the likes of Jessie James this day.

This is the second Deerfield Laser Kit I have built up on a donated On30 Bachmann chassis. I chose a different paint scheme after riding a prototype passenger car at “Tweetsie” this past summer at the ET & WNC RR Historical society meeting.

Here is #15 with sister Azalea in a different shade of green.

Here are some older color shots of # 15 as well. Let me know, with your 1920’s imagination, which color looks best ?

Thanks for looking.

Doc Tom

Tweetsie12

Most Impressive. Keep it up!