Topics

Railfan trip to Shulls Mills

Dean Smith

The day after I visited Johnson City, I took a trip to Shulls Mills, North Carolina.  I was excited to ride behind Locomotive Number 11 in Combine Car 15.  It started out as a beautiful day.  Unfortunately, a freak storm came along and blew the roof clean off the Boone Fork Lumber Company Sawmill.  Fortunately, no one was injured and, miraculously, the roof ended up standing upright next to the building.  Hopefully, it won't be long before they have things up and running again.  I did some "Kodaking" while I was there and thought I'd share the photos here.  Thanks!

What a wonderful creative story line. Beautiful modelling and a nice prototypical photo!!!

Enjoyed seeing the Class A Climax cruising by the flipped sawmill roof. Reminds me of the old beast I have crawling around on my On30 logging mini layout.

Looking forward to more of your very nice projects.  Doc Tom

William Uffelman

Great work!

Bill Uffelman

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 3:11 PM, Dean Smith
<smithfive@...> wrote:
The day after I visited Johnson City, I took a trip to Shulls Mills, North Carolina.  I was excited to ride behind Locomotive Number 11 in Combine Car 15.  It started out as a beautiful day.  Unfortunately, a freak storm came along and blew the roof clean off the Boone Fork Lumber Company Sawmill.  Fortunately, no one was injured and, miraculously, the roof ended up standing upright next to the building.  Hopefully, it won't be long before they have things up and running again.  I did some "Kodaking" while I was there and thought I'd share the photos here.  Thanks!

Dean