Post cards from the Vida Division

Dean Smith

I was recently doing some research on a railfanning trip on the Vida Division and "came across" a couple of post cards. They seem to be from 1925.

Mark Lewis

Dean,

What a great "find", while doing your "research".

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 11:17 PM Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:
I was recently doing some research on a railfanning trip on the Vida Division and "came across" a couple of post cards. They seem to be from 1925.

Tuhr

Way Cool!

Tuhr Barnes

From: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io> on behalf of Mark Lewis <narrowrails12@...>
Sent: Saturday, April 3, 2021 2:28:02 PM
To: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] Post cards from the Vida Division

Dean,

What a great "find", while doing your "research".

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 11:17 PM Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

Tom Grabenstein

That is so neat. Very nice trick you did there fella and close to April Fools Day too.  

Dr Tom

On Apr 2, 2021, at 10:16 PM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

I was recently doing some research on a railfanning trip on the Vida Division and "came across" a couple of post cards. They seem to be from 1925. <Vida Division Post Cards 2.jpg>

Chris Jessee

Can we expect Christmas cards in December?

Chris Jessee

William Schneck

Very nice!

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021, 11:17 PM Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

Lee Bishop

Great work, Dean! I always love attempts to recreate historical documents!
--
Lee Bishop
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Dean Smith

Thanks for the kind comments. I wish I had thought to post them on April 1st. Actually, my plan is to make actual post cards from the colorized one and use it as a give-away at my “Railfanning the Vida Division” clinic that I plan to present in Hickory. Of course, they will be available to others as well. It’s been a fun project.

Dean

Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2021 11:04 AM

--
Lee Bishop

Tom Grabenstein

Dean. It’s great to hear you are providing a clinic at the Hickory NC event. I have registered for that event and hope to see you in person.

Dr Tom

On Apr 3, 2021, at 11:48 AM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

Thanks for the kind comments. I wish I had thought to post them on April 1st. Actually, my plan is to make actual post cards from the colorized one and use it as a give-away at my “Railfanning the Vida Division” clinic that I plan to present in Hickory. Of course, they will be available to others as well. It’s been a fun project.

Dean

--
Lee Bishop

Dean Smith

Looking forward to meeting you in person, Doc. Are you signed up for the ET bus tour?

Dean

Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2021 6:55 AM

Dean. It’s great to hear you are providing a clinic at the Hickory NC event. I have registered for that event and hope to see you in person.

Dr Tom

Dean

--
Lee Bishop

Tom Grabenstein

Hi Dean,

Yes, my wife and I are signed up for the bus tour. Should be fun seeing the real deal countryside. Hope others from the ET&WNC Historical Society can make it it to this convention. It should be a great time.

Dr Tom

On Apr 4, 2021, at 7:36 AM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

Looking forward to meeting you in person, Doc. Are you signed up for the ET bus tour?

Dean

Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2021 6:55 AM

Dr Tom

Dean

--
Lee Bishop