Post cards from the Vida Division

Dean Smith

I was recently doing some research on a railfanning trip on the Vida Division and "came across" a couple of post cards. They seem to be from 1925.

Mark Lewis

Dean,

What a great "find", while doing your "research".

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 11:17 PM Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:
I was recently doing some research on a railfanning trip on the Vida Division and "came across" a couple of post cards. They seem to be from 1925.

Tuhr

Way Cool!

Tuhr Barnes

What a great "find", while doing your "research".

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 11:17 PM Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:
I was recently doing some research on a railfanning trip on the Vida Division and "came across" a couple of post cards. They seem to be from 1925.

Tom Grabenstein

That is so neat. Very nice trick you did there fella and close to April Fools Day too.

Dr Tom

On Apr 2, 2021, at 10:16 PM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

I was recently doing some research on a railfanning trip on the Vida Division and "came across" a couple of post cards. They seem to be from 1925. <Vida Division Post Cards 2.jpg>

Chris Jessee

Can we expect Christmas cards in December?

Chris Jessee

William Schneck

Very nice!

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021, 11:17 PM Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:
I was recently doing some research on a railfanning trip on the Vida Division and "came across" a couple of post cards. They seem to be from 1925.

Lee Bishop

Great work, Dean! I always love attempts to recreate historical documents!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Dean Smith

Thanks for the kind comments. I wish I had thought to post them on April 1st. Actually, my plan is to make actual post cards from the colorized one and use it as a give-away at my “Railfanning the Vida Division” clinic that I plan to present in Hickory. Of course, they will be available to others as well. It’s been a fun project.

Dean

Great work, Dean! I always love attempts to recreate historical documents!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Tom Grabenstein

Dean. It’s great to hear you are providing a clinic at the Hickory NC event. I have registered for that event and hope to see you in person.

Dr Tom

On Apr 3, 2021, at 11:48 AM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

Thanks for the kind comments. I wish I had thought to post them on April 1st. Actually, my plan is to make actual post cards from the colorized one and use it as a give-away at my “Railfanning the Vida Division” clinic that I plan to present in Hickory. Of course, they will be available to others as well. It’s been a fun project.

Dean

Great work, Dean! I always love attempts to recreate historical documents!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Dean Smith

Looking forward to meeting you in person, Doc. Are you signed up for the ET bus tour?

Dean

Great work, Dean! I always love attempts to recreate historical documents!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Tom Grabenstein

Hi Dean,

Yes, my wife and I are signed up for the bus tour. Should be fun seeing the real deal countryside. Hope others from the ET&WNC Historical Society can make it it to this convention. It should be a great time.

Dr Tom