Topics

October 2020 Historical Society Newsletter

Chris Ford

Hi all,

The October 2020 Historical Society newsletter is in the mail. Not the check, the newsletter.  :)

A great big "Thank You"  to Curtis Brookshire, our newsletter editor VP, for his work in gathering and writing the newsletter, and to Patricia Jennings, our Treasurer, for tirelessly getting these printed, folded, stuffed, labeled and mailed in a timely manner.

Those of you who are members, please remember to pay your dues (if you haven't already) to help keep the memory of this glorious little narrow gauge railroad alive in the hearts and minds of folks in the ET area and all across the country.

This newsletter will be posted to our Society website at a later date after members have received their printed copies.

For those of you who are not yet members, we invite you to join us in our endeavor! A membership form is available on our website (etwncrrhs.org). You know you've been wanting to join for a long time now...go ahead and do it...now's the perfect time! And thank you!

We are still exploring chances for in-person get-togethers, but everything is still up in the air at the moment and for the foreseeable future. We'll keep you all up-to-date. Remember that ideas are always welcomed!

Thanks for all that our members and our volunteers do, and to all who continue to express an interest in the history of the ET&WNC Railroad!

Thank you!

Thanks again, y'all for your efforts. Heck, I get more stuff from the ET group than I get from the NRHS (a national organization), if you don't count asking for more money...
Anyone not a member and a ET fan, being a member gets you some good info, I have found. If times ever get tough and I decide which memberships I have to bail from, I can assure you that the ET group would be the last one!

Lee, that's very kind of you to say.

Thanks to you and to ALL the members for sticking with us for all these years. Volunteer organizations just work harder.  :)

Speaking of money by the way, I'm working towards getting PayPal up and running for members (and potential members) to pay their dues from our website.

Or maybe it's just ME who hates to write checks!  :)

Y'all have a good week!

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 12:05:06 -0700, "Lee Bishop" <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Thanks again, y'all for your efforts. Heck, I get more stuff from the ET group than I get from the NRHS (a national organization), if you don't count asking for more money...
Anyone not a member and a ET fan, being a member gets you some good info, I have found. If times ever get tough and I decide which memberships I have to bail from, I can assure you that the ET group would be the last one!

Chris Jessee

Got my Newsletter in the mail yesterday. I'm just blown away by the quality and detail. There are even some photos I've never seen before!
Thanks to the whole team for such a great job in putting this together.

Chris Jessee

Lee Bishop

Just got mine in the Pacific NW. Lots of good info in this, several things I didn't know.
Thanks again!