Topics

New Research Article on the Society website

Chris Ford

Hi, and a Happy New Year to all y'all !

I want to take just a few minutes of your time to bring some things to your attention....

There is a new research document that has been posted to the Historical Society website under the Histories tab...

http://www.etwncrrhs.org/
This is a new research article by Society member James Heath focusing on the Whiting Railroad in the vicinity of Boone. James invites your thoughts and comments on his research article.

We now have posted 3 PDF research articles with ties to the ET&WNC Railroad. They total over 500 pages. These articles are labors of love by Society members and make for some very interesting reading and further research possibilities. Take a look, but be warned, you'll find yourself spending much more time with these than you'd think. I personally find the old newspaper articles to be worth their weight in gold for bringing life to 100 year old history and making it real.

Also, I wanted to let you know that the January 2019 Society Newsletter will be delayed a few weeks because of the Holidays...we hope you'll forgive us. There should be info in the newsletter about our Second Annual Spring Hike, but I'll go ahead and spill the beans and let you know that the date is Saturday, March 16, with a rain date of Saturday, March 23, in case anyone wants to make arrangements to attend. Like last year anyone wanting to come along will need to give Vice-President Jerry Turbyfill your email address and phone number so we'll be able to contact you in case the dates change, and to gauge how many folks will be attending. Jerry's contact info is on our website.

Hope everyone had a good Holiday season and will have a safe January.

See y'all!