Topics

More work at the Linville depot.

Tom Grabenstein

Roof supports and the all important gutters are now in place on the Linville depot. To my eye it is beginning to look like a railroad station. After paint, shingles will be applied to the roof and then the all important electrical work for the interior. Thank you so much for looking and following along on this build. Dr. Tom

Dean Smith

Looking great, Doc!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:52 PM
To: ETWNC@groups.io
Subject: [ETWNC] More work at the Linville depot.

Roof supports and the all important gutters are now in place on the Linville depot. To my eye it is beginning to look like a railroad station. After paint, shingles will be applied to the roof and then the all important electrical work for the interior. Thank you so much for looking and following along on this build. Dr. Tom

William Uffelman

Coming along nicely.

Bill Uffelman 

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 3:22 PM, Dean Smith
<smithfive@...> wrote:
Looking great, Doc!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:52 PM
To: ETWNC@groups.io
Subject: [ETWNC] More work at the Linville depot.

Roof supports and the all important gutters are now in place on the Linville
depot. To my eye it is beginning to look like a railroad station. After
paint, shingles will be applied to the roof and then the all important
electrical work for the interior. Thank you so much for looking and
following along on this build. Dr. Tom

Chris Ford

Great work, it's really coming together! Looks like they used blue tarp even back then!  :)

Oh, and don't forget your flower boxes! Petunias woud look nice.  :)

Chris

------------------------
Chris Ford
President - ET&WNC Railroad Historical Society
www.etwncrrhs.org
chris@...
901-497-0809
------------------------
www.cfordart.com

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 13:52:17 -0500, "Tom Grabenstein" <tomgmd@...> wrote:

Tom Grabenstein

Thanks Chris. And thanks again for all your drawings and encouragement. The "blue tarp"  is functioning as a hinge for the removable back section of the roof to allow access to the lighting when I get them ordered. When installed the roof is sealed and shingles applied. Flower boxes are coming. Found some miniature roses from JTT models that should provide a splash of color. I do not know of too many depots with flower boxes.😇

Doc Tom

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 3:28 PM Chris Ford <chris@...> wrote:
Great work, it's really coming together! Looks like they used blue tarp even back then!  :)

Oh, and don't forget your flower boxes! Petunias woud look nice.  :)

Chris

------------------------
Chris Ford
President - ET&WNC Railroad Historical Society
www.etwncrrhs.org
chris@...
901-497-0809
------------------------
www.cfordart.com

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 13:52:17 -0500, "Tom Grabenstein" <tomgmd@...> wrote: