Topics

More progress on the Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On

William Uffelman

Looking good!

Bill Uffelman

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 12:37 PM, Lee Bishop
<leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Tim and Tom,
Excellent work, the two of you!
I'm pondering an article for the ET&WNC magazine about updating the Bachmann ten-wheelers, to include tender headlight covers, better number and builder plates, and such.

Tim, I love that aluminum-sided boxcar.
I model 1943, which comes in very handy as the ten-wheelers come in the right markings for that.
The stock Bachmann tank cars aren't that bad a representation for the gas tank cars. I made my own decals and the two I made turned out okay, I think.

I decided to make 'shorty' versions of the converted flat-gons by using the 'high gon' cars from Bachmann, and cutting down the top two boards, then making my own number plates for the sides. They're hardly perfect but they make good representations, I think.

I also want to make some better passenger coaches, but I have two AMS coaches that look pretty decent to me for the most part:

Lee Bishop
Manager, ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch

Mark Lewis

Lee:

Your Bachmann conversions look fine and so does the AMS Linville River coach.

Mark Lewis
narrow gauge modeling in N.C.