Topics

More Linville action "back in the day."

Tom Grabenstein

One of my favorite parts of our hobby is trying to recreate railroad scenes from old photographs.In building the Linville Depot on my On30 ET and WNC RR I found several photos that I really liked. Here is one of “train time” at the depot back in the day.

I pulled out all my little people to try and recreate the scene and snapped the picture and converted it to black and white.

Let me know your thoughts/critiques etc.

Dr Tom 

Julia Williams Kodak

Love it!

-----Original Message-----
To: ETWNC <ETWNC@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Aug 1, 2020 9:01 pm
Subject: [ETWNC] More Linville action "back in the day."

One of my favorite parts of our hobby is trying to recreate railroad scenes from old photographs.In building the Linville Depot on my On30 ET and WNC RR I found several photos that I really liked. Here is one of “train time” at the depot back in the day.

I pulled out all my little people to try and recreate the scene and snapped the picture and converted it to black and white.

Dr Tom 

William Uffelman

Station scene is great from all angles!

Bill Uffelman 

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 9:03 PM, Julia Williams Kodak via groups.io
<jkodak@...> wrote:
Love it!

-----Original Message-----
To: ETWNC <ETWNC@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Aug 1, 2020 9:01 pm
Subject: [ETWNC] More Linville action "back in the day."

Dr Tom 

Tweetsie12

Not a perfect clone of the original, but excellent nonetheless! Keep up the good work Tom!

Tuhr

Excellent!  Very realistic and the modeling is great.  I enjoy watching your progress...

Take care and stay safe!

Tuhr Barnes

From: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io> on behalf of Tweetsie12 <jonahsnyder12190@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:53:15 AM
To: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] More Linville action "back in the day."

Not a perfect clone of the original, but excellent nonetheless! Keep up the good work Tom!

Dean Smith

Great job!  It’s a lot fun to recreate prototype photos.

Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2020 9:07 PM

Excellent!  Very realistic and the modeling is great.  I enjoy watching your progress...

Take care and stay safe!

Tuhr Barnes

From: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io> on behalf of Tweetsie12 <jonahsnyder12190@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:53:15 AM
To: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io>

Tom Grabenstein

Many thanks from all of us out Linville way (circa 1920) for your kind comments and encouragement.Dr Tom

I love how it turned out. I love it when we get a “ spark of life” by seeing the people modeled as well. 

Good job!

Todd 

Tom Grabenstein

Thanks Todd. Glad you enjoyed the little people. Dr Tom

On Aug 2, 2020, at 9:18 AM, Thunder via groups.io <t_pearson1212@...> wrote:

I love how it turned out. I love it when we get a “ spark of life” by seeing the people modeled as well. 

Good job!

Todd