Topics

May 29-31 2020 Society Convention cancellation


Chris Ford
 

Hi all,

A note here to all our ET&WNC Railroad Historical Society members, and to anyone else interested in the Society and the ET&WNC. These are unprecedented times for our communities and for our Society, but we are prepared to take measures that a month ago would have been considered too drastic.

Out of an abundance of caution, and in an effort to protect the health and safety of our Society members and members of the community, we have followed the lead of many other organizations and have cancelled our 32nd Annual Convention scheduled for May 29-31, 2020 in Johnson City at the Carnegie Hotel. We'll watch carefully as events unfold and make our future plans accordingly. Suggestions from members are always welcome. Please check for updates in our Newsletters, and of course, we will post any tentative plans on this "groups.io" site as well. Newsletters and lots of other ET&WNC related info is available on our website at http://www.etwncrrhs.org/

Some options we have, but are not limited to, are...moving the Convention to a later date this year, downsizing to a smaller function, postponing until next year at our usual time, or...? We just don't know right now. Everything is up in the air at the moment until this "fog" has lifted and we can see our way clear. But there will be light at the end of the tunnel (sorry, had to have some railroady reference in there) and we will move on from all this.

The Historical Society is still alive and open for business, albeit electronic at the moment. We will practice our "social distancing" and will continue with production of our Newsletters and Magazines. Thanks to everyone for helping us keep going and helping to keep the memory and the spirit of the ET&WNC Railroad alive.

Contact our Vice President Curtis Brookshire for more information about future Society conventions.

Be safe out there!




Chris


------------------------
Chris Ford
President - ET&WNC Railroad Historical Society
www.etwncrrhs.org
chris@...
901-497-0809
------------------------
www.cfordart.com


Lee Bishop
 

Chris,
Even though I wasnt planning on going this year, I'm saddened to hear its been cancelled.
That said, it's a very smart move and will make the 2021 convention all the more memorable!
Stay safe, all,
Lee Bishop
Owner, Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30 gauge


Chris Ford
 

Thanks Lee, we're bummed out as well. We'll get through it.

2020 may just be the "lost year" for many organizations. Lost but not last.



Chris

 
------------------------
Chris Ford
President - ET&WNC Railroad Historical Society
www.etwncrrhs.org
chris@...
901-497-0809
------------------------
www.cfordart.com

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:53:07 -0700, "Lee Bishop" <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
 
Chris,
Even though I wasnt planning on going this year, I'm saddened to hear its been cancelled.
That said, it's a very smart move and will make the 2021 convention all the more memorable!
Stay safe, all,
Lee Bishop
Owner, Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30 gauge


Tom Grabenstein
 

Chris,
I feel you're doing the right thing. As a family physician on the front lines of this crazy epidemic, social distancing is the only tool we have right now. Looking forward to a vaccine perhaps in the upcoming months and a lot of work is going on to develop a medication to treat coronavirus.

In the meantime, let us continue to use this great group to share ideas and pictures about our favorite little railroad. It will be a tremendous diversion and keep our spirits up.

God bless us all during these trying times. Dr. Tom



On Mar 20, 2020, at 11:09 AM, Chris Ford <chris@...> wrote:

Thanks Lee, we're bummed out as well. We'll get through it.

2020 may just be the "lost year" for many organizations. Lost but not last.



Chris

 
------------------------
Chris Ford
President - ET&WNC Railroad Historical Society
www.etwncrrhs.org
chris@...
901-497-0809
------------------------
www.cfordart.com

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:53:07 -0700, "Lee Bishop" <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
 
Chris,
Even though I wasnt planning on going this year, I'm saddened to hear its been cancelled.
That said, it's a very smart move and will make the 2021 convention all the more memorable!
Stay safe, all,
Lee Bishop
Owner, Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30 gauge


William Uffelman
 

Great photo Dr Tom.

Bill Uffelman


On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 9:27 AM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Chris,
I feel you're doing the right thing. As a family physician on the front lines of this crazy epidemic, social distancing is the only tool we have right now. Looking forward to a vaccine perhaps in the upcoming months and a lot of work is going on to develop a medication to treat coronavirus.

In the meantime, let us continue to use this great group to share ideas and pictures about our favorite little railroad. It will be a tremendous diversion and keep our spirits up.

God bless us all during these trying times. Dr. Tom



On Mar 20, 2020, at 11:09 AM, Chris Ford <chris@...> wrote:

Thanks Lee, we're bummed out as well. We'll get through it.

2020 may just be the "lost year" for many organizations. Lost but not last.



Chris

 
------------------------
Chris Ford
President - ET&WNC Railroad Historical Society
www.etwncrrhs.org
chris@...
901-497-0809
------------------------
www.cfordart.com

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:53:07 -0700, "Lee Bishop" <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
 
Chris,
Even though I wasnt planning on going this year, I'm saddened to hear its been cancelled.
That said, it's a very smart move and will make the 2021 convention all the more memorable!
Stay safe, all,
Lee Bishop
Owner, Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30 gauge