Topics

Locomotive repair

Chris Jessee

Howdy,

I've got three Train and Trooper ET locomotives that I'd like to get running. Can anyone recommend a reliable repair person?

I sent one off and had it converted to DCC and a keep alive put in it. It still doesn't run well as it has some sort of short related to the front trucks.

The other two are stock.

I also have three Blackstones that run great.

I'd really like to get the Train and Trooper locos running well. Is that even possible?

Hopefully Blackstone will make a ET model.  I'd love to get more of them.

Thanks

Chris Jessee

Larry Smith

Chris

On the front truck problem, check the wheels to make sure they have the insulation on the wheels on the same side.  Lots of brass locomotives have that problem.  What are those structures you have shown in the photos, especially the pulpwood yard.

Larry Smith

On Monday, March 1, 2021, 12:09:41 PM CST, Chris Jessee via groups.io <cj8n@...> wrote:

Howdy,

I've got three Train and Trooper ET locomotives that I'd like to get running. Can anyone recommend a reliable repair person?

I sent one off and had it converted to DCC and a keep alive put in it. It still doesn't run well as it has some sort of short related to the front trucks.

The other two are stock.

I also have three Blackstones that run great.

I'd really like to get the Train and Trooper locos running well. Is that even possible?

Hopefully Blackstone will make a ET model.  I'd love to get more of them.

Thanks

Chris Jessee

Chris Jessee

Thanks Larry,

Those are HO scale model kits I made many years ago. I sold the designs to Barmills but they never put the kits back into production. I may have some stray parts for it if you want.

Larry Smith

Chris

I would love to have them.  Do you have any of the grocery left.  I have the flagstop that you sold with it.  I'm the one that did your Green Cove station revive, remember.  I also got a lot of your photo buildings you came out with.

Larry