Topics

Linville River 28 number plate?

Lee Bishop

Has anyone else seen this ebay listing?
They say it's from Linville River number 28.
That said, I guess there's no way to really know for sure...

Ken Riddle

28 was cut up on the scrap track in Johnson City in 1937.  Little 8 went to Gray Lumber.

On May 27, 2019, at 11:29 AM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Has anyone else seen this ebay listing?
They say it's from Linville River number 28.
That said, I guess there's no way to really know for sure...

Tim Smith

I don't believe that is the ET 28's plate.  The BLW serial numbers on the plate do not concur with the what should be the 28's.  The serial number looks to be 10 26 1/4 D in the picture.  A 2-6-0 would have an 8 as the first number indicating the number of wheels.  For example 12 is a 10 26 D, the 70 at work is 12 28 1/4 E.

--
Tim Smith
Train Shop Lead

Tim,
Thanks for the info. I have no reference material to decode plate info like that.
I figured it would be a hug long shot that this was from a LR/ET locomotive, but you just never know, right?
Lee

Tim Smith

The serial numbers tell all

Sent from Tim Smith's iPhone SE