Topics

Layout updates

Tim Smith

Now that I am on Christmas vacation and doing my best to avoid cousin Eddie. I’m getting a little time to wrap up some projects.

I’ve added a 3rd 4-6-0 to the fleet and it’s starting to be lettered

Also I’m trying to finish up my curve through a cut.

I’ve also been working on my passenger fleet. The windows still remain to be installed.

I also got some decals on my boxcar 430 finally. It need some touch up paint and the truss rods installed and some weight to keep it on the track.

Hope y’all have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Sent from Tim Smith's iPhone SE

William Uffelman

Looking good! Thanks for sharing.

Bill Uffelman

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 4:03 PM, Tim Smith
<smith.tim12@...> wrote:
Now that I am on Christmas vacation and doing my best to avoid cousin Eddie. I’m getting a little time to wrap up some projects.

I’ve also been working on my passenger fleet. The windows still remain to be installed.

I also got some decals on my boxcar 430 finally. It need some touch up paint and the truss rods installed and some weight to keep it on the track.

Mark Lewis

Tim:   Enjoy your 🎄 Christmas 🎄 time off, enjoy the holiday ⛄❄ and the upcoming New Year 🎉.         
Thank you for posting your work on your ET&WNC layout and projects.

Mark Lewis
narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 4:15 PM William Uffelman via Groups.Io <ufffam=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looking good! Thanks for sharing.

Bill Uffelman

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 4:03 PM, Tim Smith

Tom Grabenstein

Beautiful models Tim. Really like the varnish. Enjoy your Christmas break. Doc Tom

On Dec 23, 2019, at 2:18 PM, Tim Smith <smith.tim12@...> wrote:

<image0.jpeg><image1.png><image2.jpeg><image3.jpeg><image4.jpeg><image5.jpeg><image6.jpeg>

Lee Bishop

Looks great, Tim! So few people seem to try to model number 9 for some reason.
Did you use ELO sandpaper to remove the existing road number? What decals did you use? What about the number plate?
The varnish looks great, love seeing correct ET&WNC passenger equipment...
Have a good Christmas vacation!
Lee Bishop

Tim Smith

I bought a blank engine, only had red windows and white trim. Im using micro scale decals. The number plate I simply put a 9 in the middle and called it done. I didn’t want the aluminum painted plate. 

Another little project coming along will be my 2-8-0. Finally got the tender shell swapped out. It will probably be #6

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:48 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Did you use ELO sandpaper to remove the existing road number? What decals did you use? What about the number plate?
Lee Bishop

--
Tim Smith
Train Shop Lead
The Dollywood Company
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
336-957-6464

Mark Lewis

Tim:
It looks like you are using a Broadway Limited C16? What tender shell are you using?
Following this conversion,  with interest.

Mark Lewis 

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019, 12:04 AM Tim Smith <smith.tim12@...> wrote:

I bought a blank engine, only had red windows and white trim. Im using micro scale decals. The number plate I simply put a 9 in the middle and called it done. I didn’t want the aluminum painted plate. 

Another little project coming along will be my 2-8-0. Finally got the tender shell swapped out. It will probably be #6

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:48 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Lee Bishop

--
Tim Smith
Train Shop Lead
The Dollywood Company
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
336-957-6464