Topics

Johnson City blast furnace

William Oram

Any one have a link to the pictures of John Waite's blast furnace model?
Bill Oram
Louisburg, NC

Chris Ford

Bill,

I could not find any photos online of John's model at the Carter Museum, maybe there are some are out there but a cursory look didn't find any on the Carter Museum site.

I've taken the liberty to upload some shots that I have from several years ago while the furnace model was being built and a few shortly after it was installed on John's layout. There are 15 shots and you can find them here...

www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry1.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry2.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry3.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry4.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry5.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry6.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry7.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry8.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry9.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry10.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry11.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry12.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry13.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry14.JPG
www.cfordart.com/furnacemodel/cranberry15.JPG

Maybe someone has newer shots from the museum installation....

On Tue, 06 Nov 2018 13:27:13 -0800, "William Oram" wrote:

Any one have a link to the pictures of John Waite's blast furnace model?
Bill Oram
Louisburg, NC

Steve Austin

Bill,

I shot these photos of John's furnace during the 2010 narrow gauge convention. If someone can figure out how to post them to the group, that would be great.

Steve Austin
Talking Rock, USA

William Oram

Thanks to all for the responses. I purchased the set of blueprints years ago and

wanted to see the model when I heard John talk about it.

Thanks again,

Bill Oram

Louisburg, NC

--
Sent from my old computer. Sorry but I don't text.