Topics

Historical Society newsletters

Chris Ford

Hey y'all!

Just letting everyone (especially Society members) that the January 2021 newsletter is in the mail. Thank you Curtis Brookshire and thank you Patricia Jennings for getting these in the mail!

Courtesy of Johnny Graybeal, this issue has a good bit of info about the National Narrow Gauge Convention, scheduled for September 1-4, 2021.

For those who do not get the newsletter mailed to them, I will post the latest issue on our Society website in the very near future at: http://www.etwncrrhs.org/

Everyone have a great week!

Sheldon Daitch

All:

Nice information in the newsletter and thanks to everyone for their input.

That is also a subtle way to share that my copy was in my mailbox
in Fleming Island, FL a few minutes ago.

Sheldon

On Monday, February 8, 2021, 05:23:44 PM EST, Chris Ford <chris@...> wrote:

Hey y'all!

Just letting everyone (especially Society members) that the January 2021 newsletter is in the mail. Thank you Curtis Brookshire and thank you Patricia Jennings for getting these in the mail!

Courtesy of Johnny Graybeal, this issue has a good bit of info about the National Narrow Gauge Convention, scheduled for September 1-4, 2021.

For those who do not get the newsletter mailed to them, I will post the latest issue on our Society website in the very near future at: http://www.etwncrrhs.org/

Everyone have a great week!

Al Spainhour

Newsletter received, nice issue

Just letting everyone (especially Society members) that the January 2021 newsletter is in the mail. Thank you Curtis Brookshire and thank you Patricia Jennings for getting these in the mail!

Courtesy of Johnny Graybeal, this issue has a good bit of info about the National Narrow Gauge Convention, scheduled for September 1-4, 2021.

For those who do not get the newsletter mailed to them, I will post the latest issue on our Society website in the very near future at: http://www.etwncrrhs.org/

Everyone have a great week!

Brian Kopp

Alright Sheldon who do you know! =) I am across the river from you and the newsletter comes two days later??!! =)
--
Brian Kopp
(Mandarin) Jacksonville, Florida

Lee Bishop

We had a three day snow event here, the USPS couldn't deliver anything yesterday, so I hope I'll get mine tomorrow.

I got mine yesterday and just read it a few moments ago. A few points:
  • I think the decision to pull the plug for the 2021 ET convention was a smart move. No gathering is worth risking not having members show up for ones in the future from getting COVID this year! The 2022 one will on my 22nd anniversary, so I doubt I'd get my wife to sign off on that, and I can't really go to anything like until after we've gone to see my parents and my wife's parents first. Once that happens, though... I do badly want to make one of the ET conventions someday
  • I'd also love to hit the NG convention but that's a no-go for me for the same reasons. Besides, I've been asked to present a clinic and have my layout available for the 2022 NG convention (in Tacoma/Olympia WA), and I really hope to see some of you there
  • Thanks for posting the shot of the coal cute model. I'd always had an issue visualizing what it looked like, so it's cool seeing it overall
  • I had no idea the builder's plate for 6 was still out there. I wish someone would make castings off of it, as I'd buy one for sure!
  • Can't wait to see 505 looking more complete