Hello

Ryan Rice

Hello all,
I am new to this group. I am a long time fan of the ET&WNC. I have a long time connection to the Doe River Gorge area in particular. I have been visiting that section regularly for over 30 years. I used to play on the old rusting steam engine on the property that had been used by the Hillbilly World amusement part that operated there. I just absolutely love that section of the railroad (I love it all but specifically that section).
I do a lot of photography and drone video. I have some photos/videos that I was told you all would likely enjoy, and I wanted to share them with you. I do all my photography and video under the name Above Ground Media. We have a Facebook page and Youtube channel. I have posted lots of Doe River Gorge content to the Facebook page over the years.
Here is the video that will likely interest you the most. This is drone video done during prime fall colors of the DRG trestles and Pardee point area. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK-EFXNo0bo
I have a couple other DRG videos but they don't really show any railroad stuff. The first one just kind of shows the DRG camp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqIIxmVndi8
Second one is a video I made for the camp to promote their corn maze they did this fall https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTvZqhmMaH8

Sorry for all the links :)
Here is a link to our facebook page that has lots of other DRG photography we've posted over the years (there is lots of other non DRG stuff too). https://www.facebook.com/AboveGroundDrones

I am also working on an ET&WNC shirt design that I will be selling online. I will send another email out with links to that once it is ready.

Thanks and I am glad to have found this group,
Ryan Rice

Chris Ford

Welcome Ryan!

That's some spectacular fall footage you've posted. Love seeing those bridges in their settings at this time of the year.

Keep it up!

On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 13:10:26 -0500, "Ryan Rice" <whiteonrice04@...> wrote:

[...]

Lee Bishop

Ryan,
Really good work.
I'd love to see your t-shirt design. It's funny how many years have gone by with no ET&WNC swag, and we're now in a golden age for that, with several shirts and such being produced today!

Ryan Rice

Thanks for the replies.
Here is the shirt design I have. It is available in t-shirt, long sleeve t, sweatshirt and hoodie...in various colors. T-shirts start at $23 and the other types cost more.
Unfortunately, I don't think they could be received before Christmas due to the way the printing company works.
Here is a link to order if any of you are interested. https://www.bonfire.com/etampwnc/
If this goes well, I would look to make some more designs and ET&WNC products.

image.png

Thanks,
Ryan Rice

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 2:40 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Ryan,
Really good work.
I'd love to see your t-shirt design. It's funny how many years have gone by with no ET&WNC swag, and we're now in a golden age for that, with several shirts and such being produced today!

Chris Jessee

Dude!  that is so incredibly awesome.

Thank you for sharing.

Chris Jessee

“The world isn’t simple enough to explain in words." - Hayao Miyazaki

Lee Bishop

I just ordered one of these shirts.
You can never have too much ET&WNC swag!

Ryan Rice

Thanks so much!

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 2:03 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
I just ordered one of these shirts.
You can never have too much ET&WNC swag!

Ryan Rice

I hope you all don't get annoyed by me sending another email, but I have added some new ET&WNC shirt/hat designs.
The first one is inspired by a photo of an ET&WNC pass I found online. The other two are an ET&WNC hat and stocking cap (toboggan for those of us in East TN ;) ).  The link to the online store is https://www.bonfire.com/store/above-ground-apparel/
shirt-white.JPGshirt-white close up.JPG 71c836c7bd944e63851244fe65fe714d.jpg hat-black.JPGstocking cap-black.JPG

Thanks,
Ryan Rice

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 2:11 PM Ryan Rice via groups.io <whiteonrice04=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks so much!

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 2:03 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
I just ordered one of these shirts.
You can never have too much ET&WNC swag!

Michael Hardin

Those are great! Thanks for letting us know.

On Dec 10, 2020, at 5:07 PM, Ryan Rice <whiteonrice04@...> wrote:

[...]

I just wish you'd do the caps for people with larger sizes. Most adjustable hats won't go beyond about 7 1/2. Port Authority makes a good panel strap adjustable hat that will go to a little over 7 3/4. Over the years, I've noticed that lots of train fans tend to have bigger noggins (as well as guts, but no amount of exercise will shrink your skull).
Snapback mesh hats are a 'thing' among the millennium crowd for some reason, but there's a reason they're not mainstream anymore.
Yeah, I'd buy one of the solid back ones, if only they'd fit my bucket head...

Ryan Rice

Lee,
I'm sorry about the hat sizes. Unfortunately, I have no control over what sizes the printing vendor offers.

Thanks,
Ryan

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 7:13 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
I just wish you'd do the caps for people with larger sizes. Most adjustable hats won't go beyond about 7 1/2. Port Authority makes a good panel strap adjustable hat that will go to a little over 7 3/4. Over the years, I've noticed that lots of train fans tend to have bigger noggins (as well as guts, but no amount of exercise will shrink your skull).
Snapback mesh hats are a 'thing' among the millennium crowd for some reason, but there's a reason they're not mainstream anymore.
Yeah, I'd buy one of the solid back ones, if only they'd fit my bucket head...

Just got my to t-shirt today.
Love it!

Ryan Rice

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 5:33 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Just got my to t-shirt today.
Love it!

Just curious, how do they print these shirts? It's not screen printed and not that new printing process directly to the shirt (like the Avery County museum did with their caboose 505 shirts a while back). It's not iron-ons either, but sort of has that feel.
Don't get me wrong, I do like it, just wondering how best o care for it. For now, I'll just wash it inside-out as I do all my printed shirts.
Man, this is a golden age for ET&WNC fans for good swag!
Has anyone gotten one of the hats? Just curious for first opinions... I assume they're also printed and not embroidered?

Ryan Rice

Lee,
Their website says it is a type of screen printing.
Here is their explanation https://blog.bonfire.com/optimizing-designs-screen-printing/

Thanks,
Ryan