Good model work in On3

Lee Bishop

Check this out
Amazing work, just saw on the online O Scale Resource magazine. He noted there that he regauged them all to On3, apparently modeling 10, 11, 12 and 14 in prewar markings.
He also said he stripped them down and repainted them. The only flaw I see is he kept the bad Bachmann builder plates on the smokebox.
I'd love to score a few sets of those decals on the back of the tender!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Mark Lewis

Lee,

If I am not mistaken, Dwayne has re-gauged them back to On30.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021, 11:45 AM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Check this out
Amazing work, just saw on the online O Scale Resource magazine. He noted there that he regauged them all to On3, apparently modeling 10, 11, 12 and 14 in prewar markings.
He also said he stripped them down and repainted them. The only flaw I see is he kept the bad Bachmann builder plates on the smokebox.
I'd love to score a few sets of those decals on the back of the tender!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Bill Miller

The decals on the back of the tender are wrong. They should be printed on a RED background , The boiler back head is silver as well.

 Bill Miller

Amazing work, just saw on the online O Scale Resource magazine. He noted there that he regauged them all to On3, apparently modeling 10, 11, 12 and 14 in prewar markings.
He also said he stripped them down and repainted them. The only flaw I see is he kept the bad Bachmann builder plates on the smokebox.
I'd love to score a few sets of those decals on the back of the tender!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Mark Lewis

Bill,

Great detail photos

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021, 12:20 PM Bill Miller via groups.io <ebteng18=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The decals on the back of the tender are wrong. They should be printed on a RED background , The boiler back head is silver as well.

 Bill Miller

Amazing work, just saw on the online O Scale Resource magazine. He noted there that he regauged them all to On3, apparently modeling 10, 11, 12 and 14 in prewar markings.
He also said he stripped them down and repainted them. The only flaw I see is he kept the bad Bachmann builder plates on the smokebox.
I'd love to score a few sets of those decals on the back of the tender!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Lee Bishop

Good info, Bill.
I've contacted him directly to see if I can get any of those decals for my #14. I could paint a red circle before placing them if I could get a set of decals.
Sadly, Bachmann models the cabs with close doors but I'd paint the blackhead a bare metal color from that photo...
14 was gone from the line by 1943 when I model but I still got a 14 anyway.
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30