Topics

Figures painted

Lee Bishop

Last night, I finished painting the 3D print figures of Cy Crumley and Sherman Pippin. Even in O scale, it took a lot of small brushes and steady hand time to get the details as good as I could.
I'm going to let this dry (I used oil paint on Sherman, and it still isn't dry at all) then hit them with some dull coat, then go back and put a thin layer of gloss over Cy's hat bill, and his shoes.

--
Lee Bishop
Owner, Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30 gauge

Tom Grabenstein

Wow! Those turned out very nice. Fine looking gentleman. Doc Tom

On Apr 20, 2020, at 9:24 AM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Last night, I finished painting the 3D print figures of Cy Crumley and Sherman Pippin. Even in O scale, it took a lot of small brushes and steady hand time to get the details as good as I could.
I'm going to let this dry (I used oil paint on Sherman, and it still isn't dry at all) then hit them with some dull coat, then go back and put a thin layer of gloss over Cy's hat bill, and his shoes.

--
Lee Bishop

Lee Bishop

This isn't the best figure painting anyone has ever done, but I'm happy with how it turned out
--
Lee Bishop

Lee Bishop

Mark Lewis

Lee:

I think they look good and really make a positive addition to the scenes.

Mark Lewis 
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

Lee Bishop

I repositioned my 3D print figure of Cy Crumley to where he really belongs, on a passenger car...
--
Lee Bishop

William Uffelman

Excellent!

Bill Uffelman

Tom Grabenstein

Very nice. I like all the hardware ( brake lines, coupler lift bar) at the feet of the venerable Cy. Good job. Doc Tom