Topics

Figures painted

Lee Bishop

Last night, I finished painting the 3D print figures of Cy Crumley and Sherman Pippin. Even in O scale, it took a lot of small brushes and steady hand time to get the details as good as I could.
I'm going to let this dry (I used oil paint on Sherman, and it still isn't dry at all) then hit them with some dull coat, then go back and put a thin layer of gloss over Cy's hat bill, and his shoes.

Wow! Those turned out very nice. Fine looking gentleman. Doc Tom

On Apr 20, 2020, at 9:24 AM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Last night, I finished painting the 3D print figures of Cy Crumley and Sherman Pippin. Even in O scale, it took a lot of small brushes and steady hand time to get the details as good as I could.
I'm going to let this dry (I used oil paint on Sherman, and it still isn't dry at all) then hit them with some dull coat, then go back and put a thin layer of gloss over Cy's hat bill, and his shoes.

This isn't the best figure painting anyone has ever done, but I'm happy with how it turned out

Mark Lewis

Lee:

I think they look good and really make a positive addition to the scenes.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

Lee Bishop

I repositioned my 3D print figure of Cy Crumley to where he really belongs, on a passenger car...

Excellent!

Very nice. I like all the hardware ( brake lines, coupler lift bar) at the feet of the venerable Cy. Good job. Doc Tom