Excursion car 11

Tim Smith

Last year during the pandemic I started building an excursion car 11 to go with my passenger train. I finally got around to finishing it this week. The car started out as a wiseman on30 flat car with parts and trucks from a on30 coach. The car is mostly wood construction.

Mark Lewis

Tim,

The Excursion Car build looks great!

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 6:28 AM Tim Smith <smith.tim12@...> wrote:
Last year during the pandemic I started building an excursion car 11 to go with my passenger train.  I finally got around to finishing it this week.    The car started out as a wiseman on30 flat car with parts and trucks from a on30 coach. The car is mostly wood construction.

Tom Grabenstein

That is a great excursion car. The tourists are gonna love it! Dr. Tom

On Apr 11, 2021, at 6:42 AM, Mark Lewis <narrowrails12@...> wrote:

Tim,

The Excursion Car build looks great!

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 6:28 AM Tim Smith <smith.tim12@...> wrote:
Last year during the pandemic I started building an excursion car 11 to go with my passenger train.  I finally got around to finishing it this week.    The car started out as a wiseman on30 flat car with parts and trucks from a on30 coach. The car is mostly wood construction.

Dean Smith

Tim,
    I’m sure the passengers will love stopping at scenic spots for “Kodaking.”

Dean

Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2021 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] Excursion car 11

That is a great excursion car. The tourists are gonna love it! Dr. Tom

On Apr 11, 2021, at 6:42 AM, Mark Lewis <narrowrails12@...> wrote:

Tim,

The Excursion Car build looks great!

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 6:28 AM Tim Smith <smith.tim12@...> wrote:
Last year during the pandemic I started building an excursion car 11 to go with my passenger train.  I finally got around to finishing it this week.    The car started out as a wiseman on30 flat car with parts and trucks from a on30 coach. The car is mostly wood construction.

William Uffelman

Great looking car!

Bill Uffelman

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 6:28 AM, Tim Smith
<smith.tim12@...> wrote:
Last year during the pandemic I started building an excursion car 11 to go with my passenger train.  I finally got around to finishing it this week.    The car started out as a wiseman on30 flat car with parts and trucks from a on30 coach. The car is mostly wood construction.

Lee Bishop

That is amazing work. You can use bridal veil for the screens they put on that car.
That's another car I'd love to model but wouldn't make much sense for my 1943 layout timeframe, even though one of those cars made it all the way to the abandonment in 1950.
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Tim Smith

Thanks for the compliments, i'll post some photos of the car lettered when I get it done.  As for the screens, I appreciate the suggestion but I am leaving the car open like it was at Tweetsie in the 1950's. Im sure its gonna get alot of use with the summer time excursions!

Tim

--
Tim Smith
Train Shop Lead

Tim Smith

Here is the lettered car

On Apr 12, 2021, at 5:40 AM, Tim Smith via groups.io <smith.tim12@...> wrote:

[...]

👏

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021, 6:50 AM Tim Smith <smith.tim12@...> wrote:
Here is the lettered car

On Apr 12, 2021, at 5:40 AM, Tim Smith via groups.io <smith.tim12=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks for the compliments, i'll post some photos of the car lettered when I get it done.  As for the screens, I appreciate the suggestion but I am leaving the car open like it was at Tweetsie in the 1950's. Im sure its gonna get alot of use with the summer time excursions!

Tim

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 8:28 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
That is amazing work. You can use bridal veil for the screens they put on that car.
That's another car I'd love to model but wouldn't make much sense for my 1943 layout timeframe, even though one of those cars made it all the way to the abandonment in 1950.
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

--
Tim Smith
Train Shop Lead
The Dollywood Company
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

That looks great!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Tom Grabenstein

Very nice. Looks like this would be a lot of fun to ride on in the east Tennessee  and western North Carolina mountains. Dr. Tom

On Apr 13, 2021, at 11:34 AM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

That looks great!
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30