Topics

Evolution at Linville

Tom Grabenstein

Evolution at Linville

The transformation from blue foam to colourful topography is underway on the layout design element at Linville on the On30 ET& WNC RR.

Low lying shrubs and grasses have been planted on the hillsides in anticipation of “O” scale trees in full summer growth to come in the future.

Homabed roadbed has been placed in preparation for track laying. So, we have gone from track plans to getting the foundation down for the modeled track work.

I also did the trim of the layout in an olive green color that I think matches the color of the railroad coaches on the 1920 prototype. I would appreciate comments on what Color was actually used by the ET&WNC railroad in 1920 to paint their beautiful varnish.

Thanks for looking.

Doc Tom

Mark Lewis

Doctor Tom:

Another great update on your ET&WNC On30 layout.
Your scenery work is spot on.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019, 2:55 PM Tom Grabenstein <tomgmd@...> wrote:
Evolution at Linville

The transformation from blue foam to colourful topography is underway on the layout design element at Linville on the On30 ET& WNC RR.

Low lying shrubs and grasses have been planted on the hillsides in anticipation of “O” scale trees in full summer growth to come in the future.

Homabed roadbed has been placed in preparation for track laying. So, we have gone from track plans to getting the foundation down for the modeled track work.

I also did the trim of the layout in an olive green color that I think matches the color of the railroad coaches on the 1920 prototype. I would appreciate comments on what Color was actually used by the ET&WNC railroad in 1920 to paint their beautiful varnish.

Thanks for looking.

Very impressive - just what the layout "doctor" ordered!

Thanks for sharing.

Bill Uffelman

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 2:55 PM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Evolution at Linville

The transformation from blue foam to colourful topography is underway on the layout design element at Linville on the On30 ET& WNC RR.

Low lying shrubs and grasses have been planted on the hillsides in anticipation of “O” scale trees in full summer growth to come in the future.

Homabed roadbed has been placed in preparation for track laying. So, we have gone from track plans to getting the foundation down for the modeled track work.

I also did the trim of the layout in an olive green color that I think matches the color of the railroad coaches on the 1920 prototype. I would appreciate comments on what Color was actually used by the ET&WNC railroad in 1920 to paint their beautiful varnish.

Thanks for looking.

Doc Tom

Chris Bryant

Nice scenery work, the layout looks great!

Chris Bryant
Hendersonville TN

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

The transformation from blue foam to colourful topography is underway on the layout design element at Linville on the On30 ET& WNC RR.

Low lying shrubs and grasses have been planted on the hillsides in anticipation of “O” scale trees in full summer growth to come in the future.

Homabed roadbed has been placed in preparation for track laying. So, we have gone from track plans to getting the foundation down for the modeled track work.

I also did the trim of the layout in an olive green color that I think matches the color of the railroad coaches on the 1920 prototype. I would appreciate comments on what Color was actually used by the ET&WNC railroad in 1920 to paint their beautiful varnish.

Thanks for looking.

Doc Tom

Looking good! I love how you do the mock ups.

On Nov 2, 2019, at 5:15 PM, Chris Bryant <chris.bryant@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks everyone for the (+) feedback. I really appreciate it.  Doc Tom